Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

non-FSD model 3 autopilot. What other features are there besides adaptive cruise control+autosteer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my SR+ non-FSD model 3 last week. I have been testing out autopilot. So far it can only auto steer to keep me in lane and keep up speed on highway at safe distance I set up from the car in front like adaptive cruise control. What other features are there when autopilot is enabled for non-FSD model 3? I saw auto lane change on some youtube video but I cannot seem to work so maybe it is for FSD?

That's all you'll have access to on your car. If you want to change lanes, you'll need to wiggle the wheel to disable autosteer, manually change lanes, then double-tap the gear selector to re-enable autosteer.

The following features are all part of the no longer available EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) package and FSD (Full Self Driving). Over time, FSD will diverge from EAP, but, for now, they are "the same".
  • automatic lane change on turn signal use
  • summon and enhanced summon
  • automatic parallel/perpendicular parking
  • NOA (Navigate on Autopilot) - vehicle suggests lane changes to pass slower moving vehicles, exit from the passing lane, take highway interchanges, automatically take highway exit ramps
If you want to use these features, you'll need to purchase the FSD upgrade.

I just picked up my SR+ non-FSD model 3 last week. I have been testing out autopilot. So far it can only auto steer to keep me in lane and keep up speed on highway at safe distance I set up from the car in front like adaptive cruise control. What other features are there when autopilot is enabled for non-FSD model 3? I saw auto lane change on some youtube video but I cannot seem to work so maybe it is for FSD?

$7k plus tax for the FSD upgrade and the car will change lanes for you.

i got the FSD -- and after doing both NoA and AP .. i prefer to use AP .. -- less nagging to keep hands on the wheel .. and NoA is still too early to be trusted fully .. too many mistakes on my route.

but i'm still glad i forked over $6k (7k now, but i paid 6k) for NoA .. i like the lane changing that it does for me, i use the auto-park feature.