Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

non-leather seat option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets not give people a hard time about their beliefs/preferences. I like a good steak and the feel of leather too, but still respect those that prefer not to consume/use animal products. Anyhow, there is probably enough demand that Tesla should probably offer a non-leather option.

Tesla's electric cars bring out all sorts of people that are not normally associated with the Supercar world. Nothing wrong with that. As long as the right wingers are cool with the left wingers and vice versa! Same with crazy paint jobs and wacky interiors. To each his own.

I personally can't stand leather seats that are not ventilated. No matter how cool the interior gets, I never get comfortable if I'm sitting on non cooled leather seats. of Course heated seats are a great thing in the winter. I'm sure Tesla will include both heated and cool seats just for efficiency reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the two-toned look and the no-back-sweat aspect of the cloth seats but, back when I finalized (August, 2012), the cloth seats were missing key features that were only available with leather seats (a $1.5k option back then) - seat memory with the driver profiles and heated seats.

And, although my car was finally produced in January, 2013 at which point the heated, memory-clad cloth seats were available under the new pricing scheme ($2.5k more than 2012 orders), there was no going back as my car had entered production.

Given a chance today, I'd definitely take the vegan option. Not that I don't eat meat (and occasionally red meat too) but, the presumption or prevailing wisdom that leather-means-luxury is unfortunate.

I would have loved to have the fabric seats, but when I ordered you couldn't get seat heaters with fabric. Also I don't like the black--makes the interior too dark. FWIW, I haven't touched meat in way more years than I have fingers and toes.

For those that had to look up haranguing like I did:smile:

harangue |həˈraNG| noun
a lengthy and aggressive speech.
verb
lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner:
haranguer noun