Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

insaneoctane

Apr 6, 2016
Southern California
Anybody who's configured recently......After you've filled everything out, where do you see the estimated delivery? Before I configured it always said 3-6 weeks. Now that I've configured, I can't find ANYWHERE to "confirm" my wait period.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
I hear there are still line-waiters in SF Bay Area who haven't been invited yet. It could have to do with the 2 brand new delivery centers at Marina Del Rey and San Diego vs the total # of reservations in SoCal. Bay Area may just be too congested with reservations.

Yes, I resemble that comment.

CheeseJam

Aug 3, 2017
Santa Barbara, CA
Non-owner, reserved online like 5 minutes before it was officially live (someone posted a link on reddit that let you reserve a bit early) and got my invite today! I did not get an email yet and am able to configure. I'm in Santa Barbara, California. Too bad I'm waiting for standard range. :(

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Troy

ergela

Apr 1, 2016
Houston, TX
Just got an email that my tesla is ready to order. But only problem is my tesla isn't letting me order! still says mar-may..... houston texas 10:45 line waiter....

Called Tesla and they said they are updating the website to allow people to configure. It should be available to configure tonight.

Edit: Just configured!

Last edited:

mrongey

Dec 31, 2015
Lehi, UT
Utah, non-owner, line waiter, yesterday the estimator said March-May. Just got my invite email five minutes ago. I’ll be holding my place until June so I can have a higher down payment.

Edit: Since it seems to be an issue for some, I can in fact configure.

vinnie97

#WalkAway
Jul 24, 2014
southwest
Okay, my bitching must have paid off (more likely, purely coincidental), but I too noticed that I can configure in the last 30 minutes as a southwest UT resident having reserved at the Las Vegas store at 11:30 a.m. (nonowner). No email yet.

CaptainScavo

Sep 3, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Line waiter at Decatur (Atlanta) store that ordered at 10:30AM. No email yet, but reservation is open for configuration.

Would really prefer something other than black interior, but will be hard pressed to hold out longer than a few weeks...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC