Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received the "Your Model 3 is Ready to Order" email at 8PM EST. Configured.

Non-owner with Mar - May 2018 estimate.
I was about #12 in line on Rt.17 in Paramus, NJ.

Congrats! I reserved at the showroom in Garden State Plaza. Was about 6th in line there and for whatever reason got my invite a month ago. Not really understanding the procedure Tesla is using to chose who to send invites to, but I get my Model 3 on Thursday so it doesn’t really bother me as much now! What color did you go with?

Looking forward to seeing plenty of Model 3’s on the Parkway!

Saw the "Start Designing" in my account screen this morning! I last checked it at around 7pm EDT last night and it hadn't updated. Based on what I see here, I may have gotten the invite at 8pm or after.

Non-owner, Mar-May 2018 estimate, configured on 3/31 in Charlotte, NC at about 12:30pm. Configuring as soon as I talk over specifics with my wife.

Congrats! I reserved at the showroom in Garden State Plaza. Was about 6th in line there and for whatever reason got my invite a month ago. Not really understanding the procedure Tesla is using to chose who to send invites to, but I get my Model 3 on Thursday so it doesn’t really bother me as much now! What color did you go with?

Looking forward to seeing plenty of Model 3’s on the Parkway!
Thank you! I know, Tesla's process is so random.
I ordered Pearl White w/ Sport Wheels. It's actually going to be my wife's car but I am sure I will steal it away from her often.

Reactions: PoitNarf
I can configure!!! Checked this morning and it was ready to go. Nearly 60 grand spent before breakfast!! Austin day 1 line waiter approximately number 300 in line, 11:30am reservation.

I think I'm the only mar-may reservation waiting...I called yesterday and they said my reservation was 10:01am 3/31. I see on the spreadsheet plenty after my time across the US...I know when I get it none of this matters, but why not invite the ones that selected first production saved vs. Others deferring? Now I think we have another week, or month to wait...arrrrg

Reactions: geometro
My Tesla account this morning reads: Your Model 3 is ready to be designed.

I live in far northwest suburban Chicago, Illinois.

I reserved in person at the Highland Park, Illinois store on the first morning possible: 2016 MAR 31

I have never owned a Tesla car and am not a Tesla employee.

This morning I told Tesla to hold my place, since I don't want the current limited configuration. My car has been driven for only 25,000 miles and has no problems, so I can be patient.

I think I'm the only mar-may reservation waiting...I called yesterday and they said my reservation was 10:01am 3/31. I see on the spreadsheet plenty after my time across the US...I know when I get it none of this matters, but why not invite the ones that selected first production saved vs. Others deferring? Now I think we have another week, or month to wait...arrrrg

I’m in the same boat as you.

Geez...no invite yet or ready to configure.

Non owner reserved in King of Prussia, PA on 3/31/16 at roughly 12/1 PM. Surprised that there are so many who are ahead of me that I would not be included in the “batch” that included someone from the same location who reserved just a couple of hours before me. These batches must be huge (or possible production runs, small).

The best news is thanks to an owner here, last Saturday I was able to see, in person, the exact configuration I plan to order. Thanks again to that classy guy. Unfortunately, after seeing the car and sitting in it, I cannot wait to have it.

Converted my reservation to order less than 24 hours ago. FL, ~60th in line, had Mar-may delivery estimate. Still no vin!!! Any minute now

I didn’t get my VIN until 13 days after I configured. Others much much longer than that for their VINs. You may get it fairly quickly but don’t be surprised if you’re waiting a little bit.

Configured last night! My wife was impressed that I was able to keep my sheep together with how excited I was.

Of course, after it was all said and done, I started doing this weird internal reflection on the excitement where this little voice started saying "why are you getting excited about this materialistic thing? You have so many other things in your life to be thankful for."

Anyway, I quickly squashed that nonsense and let the schoolboy giddiness take over again.

I'm happy that the in line waiters are getting their car(s), even for the those that waited after I did my reservation and got their invites...but it's really hard for me to be happy for those that reserved online that got invited to configure before us in line waiter...some kind of cruel, sick joke.

Reactions: insaneoctane
It'd be nice if next week, in recognition of the 2-year anniversary of line-waiting, all remaining line-waiters received invites.

Golly gee, that'd sure be a fantastic way to end March.

Just sayin'.

giphy.gif

Reactions: EinSV