Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow.. Congratz! Thanks for the update. Glad to see some non-owner invites from Boston. I did online reservation from Boston on 3/31 so it could be a while to get mine.. but it feels very relieved to see non-owners invites and that too not based on region priority. Hopefully now I can see some Model 3s on road :)

If you don't mind could you please tell what was your latest estimate ?

Congratulations to those of you who have been able to configure. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I remember the excitement of ordering my S, almost exactly four years ago. It's going to be one hell of a ride. :)

Good post. A while back I heard a remark that there were three things to a successful life.

1) Something to do
2) Someone to love
3) Something to look forward to.

This whole experience is adding to my successful life.

Not and owner, line waiter, reserved just after 11:00 am so i'm probably within the first 100 to 150 reservations at the Portland, OR store-- and there's only one store in Oregon. I find it a little annoying looking at the Model 3 invite spreadsheet and seeing that one of the non-owner Portland, OR invites went to someone who placed an online reservation at 11pm that night. Makes me think that they aren't sending out invites in the order that the reservations were made. It is what it is, but I find it a little annoying.

And yes, i've checked my Tesla account multiple times today. Including just last minute.

I don't know where you're looking, but I see no such thing on the spreadsheet. No online non-owner invitations have gone out anywhere.

(Even if you did see such a thing, I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. If anybody with an online reservation got invited, we'd have heard all about it.)

Reactions: PoitNarf
How about this for hitting the lottery: The Model 3 Invites spreadsheet shows user "kaaynine" as having been invited, then configured, and having a VIN assigned all yesterday 2-22-18. :eek: Pearl White in Bellevue with 19" sport wheels...

For the 50 invites from 2-14, only two of those have received VINs.

RT

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Not and owner, line waiter, reserved just after 11:00 am so i'm probably within the first 100 to 150 reservations at the Portland, OR store-- and there's only one store in Oregon. I find it a little annoying looking at the Model 3 invite spreadsheet and seeing that one of the non-owner Portland, OR invites went to someone who placed an online reservation at 11pm that night. Makes me think that they aren't sending out invites in the order that the reservations were made. It is what it is, but I find it a little annoying.

And yes, i've checked my Tesla account multiple times today. Including just last minute.

Portland, signed up at 11:00 on the dot, just before you. Non owner no invite yet either.

How about this for hitting the lottery: The Model 3 Invites spreadsheet shows user "kaaynine" as having been invited, then configured, and having a VIN assigned all yesterday 2-22-18. :eek: Pearl White in Bellevue with 19" sport wheels...

For the 50 invites from 2-14, only two of those have received VINs.

RT

Confused, I just did a sort function by Invite Date (sort Z to A so latest date appears at the top) and see 128 non-owners who were invited on 2/22-2/23. Actually only 1 person has a 2/23 date listed and thinking maybe they just checked today and saw they could configure. All of these are in-store and none with a VIN assignment yet.

BTW one person pops up at the top of the list who was an owner and configured earlier, techmaven. Maybe his record could be cleaned up since no Invite Date is listed and therefore it appears at the top of the search. Siddhu (non-owner) also appears at the top of the search since they didn't include a Invite Date but they show a Configuration Date of 2/22, maybe another record to clarify? As for kaaynine maybe they assumed because they configured they got their VIN assigned that date and no number has been issued yet?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what percentage of people who are being sent an invitation to configure are holding off on placing an order, possibly because they don't want the $49K model? So far it seems like everyone on this thread who has received an invitation is moving forward with the $49K car. The salesperson at the Newport Beach dealership said he expected a lot of people to wait for the $35K model that's still a year away.

Does anyone know what percentage of people who are being sent an invitation to configure are holding off on placing an order, possibly because they don't want the $49K model? So far it seems like everyone on this thread who has received an invitation is moving forward with the $49K car. The salesperson at the Newport Beach dealership said he expected a lot of people to wait for the $35K model that's still a year away.

The spreadsheet linked from this thread is currently the most comprehensive data that has been assembled: 12-28-17 New Invite / Configuring / Delivery Spreadsheet

You can probably get a sense of the deferal rate from the data people have submitted there.

According to the tracking spreadsheet, the deferral rate is around 30%.

Just an observation from reading this and other threads...

The west-to-east coast delivery assumption for non-owners doesn't appear to be holding up. It would seem that deliveries may be spread across the country by Fremont production, transportation considerations, and each delivery centers' ability to deliver cars.

Within that structure, it appears that place in line at each individual store has some bearing as early line waiters seem to be getting invites before us that slept in a little too long on 3/31. It's doesn't appear to be absolute time-based (e.g., GMT) since the guy reserving in Pacific time zone would have to have reserved at 7am to match a 10am ET reservationist. Sound reasonable? Does it appear to hold up?