Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was away from the forum for few days and now came back to find the great news regarding non-owners invitations :) Just checked my account out of curiosity - and configurator is not opened yet. Not disappointed for two reasons: 1) I wasn't dedicated enough :D - slept in on March 31st and showed up around lunch time, 2) I'm not going to configure right away - still on the fence about PUP.

EDIT: Delivery estimate - March-May

Reactions: Skidmark
I can configure! Non-owner, NJ, waited in line at the Tesla store at Garden State Plaza in Paramus NJ. Was 6th in line, reservation in by 10:05 AM.

Anyone else able to configure?
I was a line-waiter, day one in NYC store. Maybe 35-40 people ahead of me. I think I confirmed around 10:00 AM East Coast Time or slightly before. No invitation for me yet (and believe me, I'm refreshing that Delivery Estimator page frequently).

Non owner, line waiter..reserved around 1020am at the Boston Prudential store. Received my invite sometime last week.

Was eagerly waiting to order until I saw the car in person in January. I think the interior fit n finish is way below par for a 60k car. Will wait for awd in hopes that they will improve n introduce more options for the interior.

Non-owner line waiter. Got my reservation in at exactly noon in San Diego. Got my invite on Thursday. I had planned to wait a few months to allow some more time for them to work through glitches, defects, etc., but my impatience got the better of me and I ordered on Saturday.
Well now I'm thinking there's another element involved with invitations, if you got invited and others who reserved chronologically before you (and are in the same state) did not. We will probably never know.

!!!!

Which color and wheels did you go with?

Red with aero wheels.

The DS did state that they were contacting the California invitees first, since they were going to see their cars most likely before other states due to factory proximity. I didn't press for any more details than that. I did ask what the chances were that I could get my car before 3-7, and she said very unlikely. I'll take delivery in Marina Del Ray.

RT

I was a line-waiter, day one in NYC store. Maybe 35-40 people ahead of me. I think I confirmed around 10:00 AM East Coast Time or slightly before. No invitation for me yet (and believe me, I'm refreshing that Delivery Estimator page frequently).
Just went to the model 3 meet up in Albany tonight. Talked with the inside sales guys. They said they are delivering 6 to 8 3s a week. I have mar through may delivery and was about 50 in line. Hope we get our invites this week.

Reactions: MrBoylan
Well now I'm thinking there's another element involved with invitations, if you got invited and others who reserved chronologically before you (and are in the same state) did not. We will probably never know.

The state doesn't matter, just the delivery center. I'm guessing they are inviting people based on the number of deliveries nearby delivery centers can currently support.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Red with aero wheels.

The DS did state that they were contacting the California invitees first, since they were going to see their cars most likely before other states due to factory proximity. I didn't press for any more details than that. I did ask what the chances were that I could get my car before 3-7, and she said very unlikely. I'll take delivery in Marina Del Ray.

RT
That’s the same color and wheels I configured on 2/14/18. No contact from Tesla and no VIN. In Oregon so one state north of Cali.