TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-owner config invites have begun!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PoitNarf, Feb 22, 2018.

1. pangolina

pangolina Member

I was away from the forum for few days and now came back to find the great news regarding non-owners invitations :) Just checked my account out of curiosity - and configurator is not opened yet. Not disappointed for two reasons: 1) I wasn't dedicated enough :D - slept in on March 31st and showed up around lunch time, 2) I'm not going to configure right away - still on the fence about PUP.

EDIT: Delivery estimate - March-May

• Like x 1
  2. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

That would be good if it holds true. With us at the end of owners means my wait would be short this time around :). My ICE car that will be replaced just got it's Calif license plate renewal form. Will have to pay it before my Model 3 is available. :(

3. power-eq-iv

power-eq-iv Member

Non owner, line waiter with reservation in before 1015 EST at Orlando, FL store. Invited/configured blue + aeros on 2/22.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. boleski

boleski New Member

Non-owner, line waiter (about #25 in line) with reservation in at about 10:28am EST at King of Prussia, PA store. No invite yet :(
    Logged in and still Mar-May 2018 estimator.

5. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

The next (rhetorical) questions are:
    1) When does the next batch of non-owners open up?
    2) How far into the line will they go?

6. Chris350

Chris350 Member

Interesting (based on the current spreadsheet) not to many FL invites.... I'm out of West Palm and and there is plenty of room at the local Tesla dealer to house a bunch of Model 3's! LOL!

7. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Configured 2-22, just received an e-mail from my "Inside Sales Advisor" in Las Vegas. Caliing her back right now.

RT

• Like x 2
  8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

!!!!

Which color and wheels did you go with?

9. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

I was a line-waiter, day one in NYC store. Maybe 35-40 people ahead of me. I think I confirmed around 10:00 AM East Coast Time or slightly before. No invitation for me yet (and believe me, I'm refreshing that Delivery Estimator page frequently).

10. rosh

rosh Member

Best case, this Wednesday or Thursday. It looks like they got through up to 11:30 in CA, 10:30 elsewhere. I hope they can get to at least 11 else where.

11. Shygar

Shygar Member

I reserved in store at 10:20 in Palo Alto, CA, no invite yet and configurator not open yet.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Man I'm checking my account every day, even though I know there's no chance of it for at least another week or two. :)

13. njsrikar

njsrikar Member

Non owner, line waiter..reserved around 1020am at the Boston Prudential store. Received my invite sometime last week.

Was eagerly waiting to order until I saw the car in person in January. I think the interior fit n finish is way below par for a 60k car. Will wait for awd in hopes that they will improve n introduce more options for the interior.

14. Napboy

Napboy Member

Non-owner line waiter. Got my reservation in at exactly noon in San Diego. Got my invite on Thursday. I had planned to wait a few months to allow some more time for them to work through glitches, defects, etc., but my impatience got the better of me and I ordered on Saturday.

• Like x 2
  15. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Well now I'm thinking there's another element involved with invitations, if you got invited and others who reserved chronologically before you (and are in the same state) did not. We will probably never know.

16. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Red with aero wheels.

The DS did state that they were contacting the California invitees first, since they were going to see their cars most likely before other states due to factory proximity. I didn't press for any more details than that. I did ask what the chances were that I could get my car before 3-7, and she said very unlikely. I'll take delivery in Marina Del Ray.

RT

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. OoZManoO

OoZManoO Member

Just went to the model 3 meet up in Albany tonight. Talked with the inside sales guys. They said they are delivering 6 to 8 3s a week. I have mar through may delivery and was about 50 in line. Hope we get our invites this week.

• Like x 1
  18. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

The state doesn't matter, just the delivery center. I'm guessing they are inviting people based on the number of deliveries nearby delivery centers can currently support.

• Informative x 1
  19. smak

smak Member

What # do you think you were in line?

20. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

That’s the same color and wheels I configured on 2/14/18. No contact from Tesla and no VIN. In Oregon so one state north of Cali.