TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-owner config invites have begun!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PoitNarf, Feb 22, 2018.

1. DJS_PDX

DJS_PDX Member

Just checked and I can now configure!! I got two reservations on 3/31 in-store at 11:05am in Portland OR. My brother-in-law is going to be taking delivery of one in CA, he has already configured one of mine (midnight silver, 18", AP). Once my Wife gets to my work we will be configuring the other. The delivery window says what they all have been saying 3-6 weeks, mid-18 for AWD and late-18 for SR.

I will update the spreadsheet.

• Like x 7
  2. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

#142 iwannam3, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    I reserved in Portland OR at 11:00!! Where is my invite?? Does a Washington address have any effect on priority?

• Like x 1
  3. nitzmahone

nitzmahone Supporting Member

I just got my invite today and configured- also Portland/Washington Square, ~11am. I was about #50 in line, just past the end of the barricade...

• Like x 3
  4. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

Glad to see Oregon getting more love. Congrats.

• Helpful x 1
  5. DJS_PDX

DJS_PDX Member

I'm going off a picture for the time I reserved which was right after the reservation(11:05am). I think we were around 90 back, not waiting inside. My wife thinks we were in the 100-200 back, so I could be wrong. Not sure where the barricade was @nitzmahone. I did put in two reservations, don't know if that makes a differences.

6. Shygar

Shygar Member

One thing that was weird when I completed my order is the default address that popped up was my previous address (when I made the original reservation in 2016). I don't have that set anywhere anymore on my account so not sure how it stayed there.

7. lupend88

lupend88 Member

I was hoping a batch of invites would be sent out today since I am an early line waiter on 3/31. Do you guys think one is coming today?

8. LV Acrobat

LV Acrobat Member

M3OC reporting one invite today. So looks as if they are.

9. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

Doubt it. Probably a struggler invite rather than a batch.

10. GoneCrazy

GoneCrazy Member

It was also a person that merged their account with a relative, thus getting "owner" flag.

• Helpful x 1
  11. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

Also, we would see them as early as yesterday and not today and would typically see multiple reports her and other places which haven't happened.

12. scrapps

scrapps Member

Going by another comment on that forum it looks like they are only done assigning Vins to 20% of the invites, so guessing we won’t see any invites this week. Pees me off they processed all those online reservations before the folks who stood and waited in line.

• Like x 2
  13. vinnie97

vinnie97 No more neocons please

So maybe 40% by next week...I'm losing faith in the March-May delivery window pretty rapidly.

• Like x 1
  14. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

I have been pretty chill about the waiting, but now that I feel the invite is imminent and all my financial ducks are in a row, the chill is slowly thawing.

Maybe I'll stroll over to the factory and press my face against the window and chant "open, open...". That'll get their attention. Or get me arrested, one of the two.

• Funny x 4
  15. sreams

sreams Member

The big batch that went out two weeks ago came on Thursday the 22nd. There were no known invites the day before.

That said, it looks like only a trickle went out today, and only to people with owner priority.

16. mwoz

mwoz Member

I received my invite today.
    Current owner. On the fence about AWD .... decisions decisions.

17. nrechtman

nrechtman Member

Not in line, ordered a week later 4/7/16, updated estimate is July-Sept, the thing that is really pissing me off is that someone I know who ordered a YEAR after me has an estimate is a month different Aug.Oct, how is that possible that in a year there weren't very many more reservations to only be separated by a month.

How close are they from cutting the tax rebate by a half?

18. Craig-Tx

Craig-Tx Member

Best case: Tesla can manipulate the deliveries to hit 200000 on / after July 1. This will result in full credit until Dec 31.

Worst case: Tesla hits 200000 before July 1. Result: Full tax credit through September.

19. mrongey

mrongey Member

I'm getting an error when I try to log in - maybe they're releasing another batch?

20. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

#160 Moderatefan, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    When I reserved on 4/1/2016, the counter was around 300,000. I believe in the next day or two the total came to 350,000. The current number of reservations is rumored to be around 450,000.
    Don't know how many cancelled, but most of the activity was in the first 2 days after the reveal and the rest of 2 years, especially the 1st year, activity was quite low. It is picking up now with all the hype going on, but it is likely that between your reservation and your friend's the delta wasn't that high. Plus roughly 50% of reservations are not U.S. and don't impact your delivery estimate.