Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner First Production window just got pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to Feb - April. It had been Nov '17 - Jan '18. Line-waiter that reserved in SoCal at 9:10am. Standard battery remains at "Early 2018" and AWD remains at Aug - Oct 2018.

Anyone else get their delivery estimates moved back?
Wow that's 3 months... Mine still shows Feb-Apr, reserved late on 4/1/16. But have a feeling my dates will slide too. It seems ramp is not going very well.

Wow that's 3 months... Mine still shows Feb-Apr, reserved late on 4/1/16. But have a feeling my dates will slide too. It seems ramp is not going very well.
My guess is that it is only changing for those whose windows have past. So if your window closed in Jan, it made sense to revise the estimate then. Everybody else who ends in Feb will simply get reset early in March.

No change for me.. non owner, east cost, online reservation before reveal.... still showing Jan-March... I concur with other folks, they are moving out the dates for the ones who missed it... doesn't bode well for the ones further away in the queue

No change for me.. non owner, east cost, online reservation before reveal.... still showing Jan-March... I concur with other folks, they are moving out the dates for the ones who missed it... doesn't bode well for the ones further away in the queue

As long as the ramp continues to accelerate, those further away in the queue are probably in good shape.

My guess is that it is only changing for those whose windows have past. So if your window closed in Jan, it made sense to revise the estimate then. Everybody else who ends in Feb will simply get reset early in March.

My guess is that it is only changing for those whose windows have past but haven't already gotten the option to configure. So if your window closed in Jan and you still can't configure, it made sense to revise the estimate then. Everybody else who ends in Feb will simply get reset early in March if they haven't already been invited to configure by then.

Still a large percentage of people that already got an invite that won't get a revised estimate.

Still a large number that will be invited to configure or silently have configuration enabled on their account between now and March.

Sounds logical to me. Mine hasn't changed. NorCal first day around 10:30 AM. I guess we'll see Wed. I've listened to the S and X owners, so the fact that we're talking a few months "delayed" instead of years is a freaking miracle. Honestly, I still count Tesla having moved up production times so they're not even really late by normal Tesla times. They're actually early.

to Feb - April. It had been Nov '17 - Jan '18. Line-waiter that reserved in SoCal at 9:10am. Standard battery remains at "Early 2018" and AWD remains at Aug - Oct 2018.

Anyone else get their delivery estimates moved back?
There is software that basically checks the delivery window date and compares it against the current date... and push the delivery window accordingly.

This confirms how ridiculous these delivery estimates are... I booked an hour after you and my delivery estimate is unchanged: December - February

Last edited:

I'm a SoCal line waiter who reserved around 11:30AM and mine still says Dec 17 to Feb 18, so it's very likely you're right and Tesla is only updating the windows that have passed. This means my window is effectively Mar 18 to May 18.

I'm a SoCal line waiter who reserved around 11:30AM and mine still says Dec 17 to Feb 18, so it's very likely you're right and Tesla is only updating the windows that have passed. This means my window is effectively Mar 18 to May 18.

I think it is simpler than that. If someone had a Nov-Jan window which just passed, the system will, of course, move them to a window that includes the current month as the earliest month of their new window. There would be no reason for Tesla to revise someone's window to Dec-Feb or Jan-Mar at this point, because both December and January have passed. I'd say there is still a very good chance that many with a Dec-Feb window will still receive invites this month.

Have only been checking my delivery estimate a little bit over a week Online reservation holder about 10 minutes after it opened up 3/31/16 still looking at Jan-Mar 18 first production and Sep-Nov 18 for AWD. Only good thing is that I'm about 30 miles away from the factory. Wished for AWD but I think I'll be settling for RWD as I'm worried that some of the tax breaks will disappear by Sep.