Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order is placed!!

Pearl White, Autopilot and aero wheels. Delivery in 3-6 weeks. Replacing a leased 2015 BMW 335 which goes back in July.

Do I click or not click that last button is the question......

Got my invite this afternoon, line waiter with pre-order in at 10:30am, 1 hour after they opened at Bellevue Square in WA.

View attachment 283587

So has anyone heard any news? I know it's only been a week and a half, but if the 3-6 week estimate is correct we could be half way thru waiting and I have yet to hear anything from the big T.

I assume if anyone had gotten a VIN they would have posted here, but perhaps it got posted elsewhere and so I missed it. Just looking for news.

-Randy

So has anyone heard any news? I know it's only been a week and a half, but if the 3-6 week estimate is correct we could be half way thru waiting and I have yet to hear anything from the big T.

I assume if anyone had gotten a VIN they would have posted here, but perhaps it got posted elsewhere and so I missed it. Just looking for news.

-Randy

I've seen at least one report of a non-owner that configured on 2/22 receiving a VIN over the weekend. I believe there are at least 3 non-owners from the 2/22 batch reporting VINs on the invite spreadsheet. Nothing on my end yet. Hoping for a VIN sometime this week. At least my loan has been approved already. Crossing my fingers that I won't end up being one of those that waits 4+ weeks for a VIN. I'll be going overseas at the end of April so it would be great to take delivery before my vacation.

Interested to know what times invites usually go out on a Wednesday. Anyone know?
Also are people expecting them to return to in-store reservations again? Seems crazy that they would continue with online orders, but that seemed strange to me anyway!

Fingers crossed for some more invites today.

Well, maybe not crossed, so much as...
giphy.gif

California line-waiter near the factory... Still no invite to configure... Sigh...

I really thought I would have the car by now. The waiting has gone beyond frustrating and now I am just torpid. I walk around the neighborhood staring at Model 3s on the street in a daze. What happened?

I ponder who owns them... employees? friends/family of employees? previous owners? friends/family of previous owners? people who bought an owner reservation from ebay? Online reservers who somehow jumped the queue?

Yeah my hope was to give the model 3 to my wife for our anniversary last November since that was within my delivery window (line waiter in AZ). Then maybe Christmas. Valentines day? Welp! :p But it's given me more time to prep financially and continue to debate the color, so glass half full I guess.:)

California line-waiter near the factory... Still no invite to configure... Sigh...

I really thought I would have the car by now. The waiting has gone beyond frustrating and now I am just torpid. I walk around the neighborhood staring at Model 3s on the street in a daze. What happened?

I ponder who owns them... employees? friends/family of employees? previous owners? friends/family of previous owners? people who bought an owner reservation from ebay? Online reservers who somehow jumped the queue?

Change your address to be in San Diego? Find someone in SD that might be willing to sell their reservation? Otherwise, I feel for you, and think the way they sent out these last invites to be quite odd.

I also think that since I'm not configuring either of my reservations just yet, that I'll end up having to wait an inordinate amount of time when I finally decide to.