TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by voltage, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

you are clearly not doing it right. The rule is to be checking at least 5 times per hour (like the rest of us neurotics). :rolleyes:

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. graphix25

graphix25 -=electronboy=-

Order is placed!!

Pearl White, Autopilot and aero wheels. Delivery in 3-6 weeks. Replacing a leased 2015 BMW 335 which goes back in July.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  3. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Congrats! Super jealous. You live in Bellevue or somewhere outlying?

4. John Lamoureux

John Lamoureux l Parzival l

Congrats! You chose the right color! :)

• Like x 1
  5. vicky3269

vicky3269 Member

I'm a non-owner and received my invite yesterday! I placed my order on 3/31/16 at about 9:00 am (approximately 75-100th in line) in Burlingame, CA! I reserved 2 model 3's, and got my invites yesterday to configure both of them! So happy!!!

• Like x 1
  6. tpabeav

tpabeav New Member

Any current non Tesla owner in Tampa in line on 3/31 receive an invite?

• Informative x 1
  7. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

So has anyone heard any news? I know it's only been a week and a half, but if the 3-6 week estimate is correct we could be half way thru waiting and I have yet to hear anything from the big T.

I assume if anyone had gotten a VIN they would have posted here, but perhaps it got posted elsewhere and so I missed it. Just looking for news.

-Randy

8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I've seen at least one report of a non-owner that configured on 2/22 receiving a VIN over the weekend. I believe there are at least 3 non-owners from the 2/22 batch reporting VINs on the invite spreadsheet. Nothing on my end yet. Hoping for a VIN sometime this week. At least my loan has been approved already. Crossing my fingers that I won't end up being one of those that waits 4+ weeks for a VIN. I'll be going overseas at the end of April so it would be great to take delivery before my vacation.

9. scrapps

scrapps Member

Interested to know what times invites usually go out on a Wednesday. Anyone know?
    Also are people expecting them to return to in-store reservations again? Seems crazy that they would continue with online orders, but that seemed strange to me anyway!

10. mwenn1

mwenn1 Member

I had one of the tickets they were handing out to keep the line orderly in the beginning, but I am just going off memory now dont have the ticket anymore.

11. VIKING26

VIKING26 Member

I checked at 10:23 PST on 2/22 and was able to configure. It was opened up sometime between 9:30 and 10:23 PST.

12. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I believe I noticed I was able to configure on 2/22 sometime around 12:45 EST.

• Like x 1
  13. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

So that's just 15 minutes from now, everyone who hasn't gotten an invite, start refreshing!

-Randy

• Funny x 3
  14. John Lamoureux

John Lamoureux l Parzival l

Nothing yet for me, although Troy's Delivery Estimator has me getting my invite on 3/14...

15. voltage

voltage Member

Just checked Tesla site and noticed my VIN has been assigned. VIN is in the 8000 range. Order was placed Feb 22.

• Like x 2
  16. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Fingers crossed for some more invites today.

Well, maybe not crossed, so much as...
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 8
  17. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

California line-waiter near the factory... Still no invite to configure... Sigh...

I really thought I would have the car by now. The waiting has gone beyond frustrating and now I am just torpid. I walk around the neighborhood staring at Model 3s on the street in a daze. What happened?

I ponder who owns them... employees? friends/family of employees? previous owners? friends/family of previous owners? people who bought an owner reservation from ebay? Online reservers who somehow jumped the queue?

18. oldpueblo

oldpueblo Member

Yeah my hope was to give the model 3 to my wife for our anniversary last November since that was within my delivery window (line waiter in AZ). Then maybe Christmas. Valentines day? Welp! :p But it's given me more time to prep financially and continue to debate the color, so glass half full I guess.:)

19. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Change your address to be in San Diego? Find someone in SD that might be willing to sell their reservation? Otherwise, I feel for you, and think the way they sent out these last invites to be quite odd.

I also think that since I'm not configuring either of my reservations just yet, that I'll end up having to wait an inordinate amount of time when I finally decide to.

20. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Member

I guess I’m in this thread now. Aside from my house I’ve never spent this kind of money in my life.

256068C4-8AB8-43AB-90BB-EB376E6CA033.jpeg

• Like x 9