Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend, who waited overnight in-line with me and who configured his car on 2/22 at the same time as I did, got his VIN yesterday.

In his excitement to be one step further along, he started going over the spreadsheet of those who reserved a Model 3.

He sorted by VIN after removing the XX people put in, sorted by colors to reveal a batch cycle. You know... "Today we do Red tomorrow Blue." If what he discovered is correct it looks like I just missed the cycle, gonna have to wait thru all the colors again. Red Blue White Black and the Silvers, maybe 175 cars each color and back to the top of the order. Shame as I was really hoping to pick up our cars at the factory together too.

-Randy

OK, never mind. Despite getting my VIN 5 days after my friend, I did get one of the previous batches of Red cars, 8891. Funny thing is I thought I read about people getting cars in the 11,000 this week while I waited for my VIN. Those would certainly be far enough along to have run thru all the colors again. Oh, well, not gonna complain as I am one step further along, but do wonder when my car was produced. There isn't a place to put the production date in the Invites Spreadsheet, so perhaps there is no way to know.

-Randy

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
OK, never mind. Despite getting my VIN 5 days after my friend, I did get one of the previous batches of Red cars, 8891. Funny thing is I thought I read about people getting cars in the 11,000 this week while I waited for my VIN. Those would certainly be far enough along to have run thru all the colors again. Oh, well, not gonna complain as I am one step further along, but do wonder when my car was produced. There isn't a place to put the production date in the Invites Spreadsheet, so perhaps there is no way to know.

-Randy
I have VIN in 8000 range as well. Must be from same batch of red. Scheduled to be picked up on 3/27. Fingers crossed.

Wow, and then despite it being 5 days since my friend got his VIN and I only got it this morning, I already got the call. The guy Chris was SUPER friendly (cause I'm paying him $64,000), so I mentioned my friend not getting a call and he said, have him call me. And now we both are getting our cars the afternoon of Sunday the 25th. Then off to dinner in San Jose! What a perfect day that will be.

And to pay the amount due I just clicked the link on the MyTesla page and it asked for my checking and routing number and I was done. Crazy easy.

-Randy

Wow, and then despite it being 5 days since my friend got his VIN and I only got it this morning, I already got the call. The guy Chris was SUPER friendly (cause I'm paying him $64,000), so I mentioned my friend not getting a call and he said, have him call me. And now we both are getting our cars the afternoon of Sunday the 25th. Then off to dinner in San Jose! What a perfect day that will be.

And to pay the amount due I just clicked the link on the MyTesla page and it asked for my checking and routing number and I was done. Crazy easy.

-Randy

Sorry, $64K???

Well I don't know about you guys but I am really bummed to have not gotten my invite today. I really thought today was going to be the day! I actually got a message from a friend of mine earlier who reserved online in california and she got her invite today even though she reserved online after me! I waited in line in Chicago and reserved about 11:15am. Now I'm hearing canadians are getting theirs... While I'm really happy for my friend and for those in Canada I'm also just really disheartened. I know it shouldn't be a big deal...I mean I've waited 2 years...what's a couple more months right? But it's just starting to get really hard. Anyway...just venting I suppose. :(

Well I don't know about you guys but I am really bummed to have not gotten my invite today. I really thought today was going to be the day! I actually got a message from a friend of mine earlier who reserved online in california and she got her invite today even though she reserved online after me! I waited in line in Chicago and reserved about 11:15am. Now I'm hearing canadians are getting theirs... While I'm really happy for my friend and for those in Canada I'm also just really disheartened. I know it shouldn't be a big deal...I mean I've waited 2 years...what's a couple more months right? But it's just starting to get really hard. Anyway...just venting I suppose. :(
They are trying to squeeze in any West Coaster before 3/31.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Day 1 Chicago reservation holder too. When I heard Canadians were getting invites I rushed to my account to refresh and saw nothing. Somebody in Canada made a point that it could be for tax credit purposes. Start selling a few up there and wait until the start of a new quarter in the US to pump out a bunch of invites. I don’t know what’s true at this point with that stuff though. It’s definitely getting harder to wait these last few weeks.

And here I thought being a line waiter close to the factory would get me one sooner.
The original hints at order priority suggested that being near the factory was helpful, and west coast would get theirs first.
But now it sounds like there are too many of us, and they are just moving on to other areas.

I could see them having a calendar plan to roll out in certain phases (like Canada now), and the ramp happened much slower than expected, so they decided to "take their lumps" with the west coast line waiters and just let the train leave the station with a bunch of people left behind.

Reactions: geometro