Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer...based on data entered into the "delivery estimator", it looks like most of today's invites went to non-owners who reserved in-store before noon day one.
Did you click on "Manage my Account" to check, since the email notices lag?
I'm not sure it's the time, I think it's more the # you were in line. There are pretty big discrepancies in how many people they were getting through in an hour.

My store seemed slow, I was 90th or so, and got through by 11:15 am. Some others (posted above) were 200th at that time, and no invite.

It seems like Tesla isn't punishing people for slow lines.

And I think it goes deeper in line in CA then it does in other states. That's why CA is about half the people.

I would guess I was somewhere around 200th out of about 500 people in line at the Tesla in Devon, PA. (While not talking to folks around me in line, I was grouping people in 10s to add up to come up with those numbers.)

I think I finally had my credit card run around 10:30am. No invitation yet.

Did someone clearly answer how it appears on our "My Tesla" page? Is it seen after clicking on "Manage" or is it right away on the "My Tesla" homepage?

"Hold My Place" really does not do anything except basically give Tesla an idea of what ppl are planning. Your invite to configure is still open, and you can still place an order. Even if you didn't choose "Hold My Place," Tesla is still holding your place, meaning when other configs become available, they won't stick you at the end of the line just because you never chose "Hold My Place."

In other words, if you click "hold my place" you aren't committing to anything. it's a feel-good button that assures you that if you don't configure, you're still in line for all other configs.

Reserved around 10:15 am day of launch. Just checked Tesla site like I do 10 times a day and was able to place my order. Delivery estimate is 3 to 6 weeks.

Red Multicoat and 19 inch sport wheels.

Woohoo.
Congratulations! I just picked my Model S up yesterday! How many ways can I say I LOVE my Tesla? I ordered on Dec. 11, 2017 and now here I am on Feb. 23rd and wow. It's in the shop getting a protective coating and shine) and you know what? There is NOTHING to not love. I am over the moon, plus I don't see Teslas EVERYWHERE!!! It's so nice to have the only Tesla in a parking lot or on the road full of Lexus, Merz, Beemers, etc. Plus....it's a TESLA!!!!! I love LOVE gadgets so this is my dream car. None of those other cars for me, been there, done that and this makes ME HAPPY! I am happy for you, I hope the time goes by fast and this forum will definitely help you thru those weeks while awaiting your car. Come here often and read and ask questions. EVERYONE on this forum is SO nice and so full of advice and information. You will learn a lot here. Enjoy the anticipation and then you'll get that new TESLA and be thrilled!

Kind of odd jumping the fence from waiter to orderer. Changes all the things I have been thinking about, now I have to pay for the car and figure out all my first road trips.

My first planned road trip is from Atlanta to New Orleans, and I found out last night that the hotel I've got booked has two Tesla destination chargers. That just put a big 'ol smile on my face when I found that out. :D

Reactions: ℬête Noire