Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the CA priority only applies to the owners batch. For non-owners, from what I've seen and informed, people all over the country are getting invites. For example, 2 line waiters on the first day, the one in North Carolina got the invite where one in North Cal has not yet received one. At this point, I don't believe CA resident has any priority.

I think we Californians will get priority when it gets to be last month in the quarter because Sales are only counted for the balance sheet purposes when they are actual deliveries and obviously with the factory being in California -- very short delivery timetable needed.

Last edited:
Are we sure of this? Because it was also widely assumed that if you only had one S or X that you couldn't get back on the short list a second time after you took delivery of your first M3, which turned out to be wrong.

That wasn't the way it worked. Owners got invited to configure both reservations without purchasing a Model 3 at all. It had nothing to do with getting some sort of owner credit for buying a Model 3.

Are you kidding?

My Model 3 is ready to be designed. Holy Smokes!!!!!!!

I think.....

I think.....

I think I'm gonna cry a little bit........

lol

First Production - Now
Base Vehicle - Late 18
Dual Motor AWD - Mid 18

6,427 posts. This is the greatest one.

Go Tesla stock Go.

Non previous owners - GO!!!!!!
I think everyone is happy for you. You are on your way.
Robin

I JUST reserved and it still says Late 2018 for first production with upgrades or 220/310 AWD and Early 2019 for 220. Does it surprise anyone that these are the timeframes it is giving me when I just reserved tonight? I was expecting more like Early 2019 for first production with upgrades and even later for the other options.

Are most expecting an $1875 tax credit to be available through June 2019?

That wasn't the way it worked. Owners got invited to configure both reservations without purchasing a Model 3 at all. It had nothing to do with getting some sort of owner credit for buying a Model 3.

The order was: Own just one S, 1st day reserve M3, take delivery the M3, -then- reserve another M3, be surprised they gave priority again.

It was an unexpected thing because official wording implied the priority wouldn’t happen twice for a single S.

I’m not saying it was the first M3 that did it. I’m saying we didn’t read it right the first time, perhaps we’re still aren’t.

I think Tesla has some technical glitch with sending notification emails that your reservation is ready to be configured. I'm a previous Tesla owner and already have my Model 3 (love it BTW), but I never received an email from Tesla that my car was ready to configure. I wasn't checking my Tesla account myself waiting for an email. Finally, someone from Tesla called me and told me that it had been ready to configure for over 3 weeks.

Are you kidding?

I think.....

I think.....

lol

First Production - Now
Base Vehicle - Late 18
Dual Motor AWD - Mid 18

Go Tesla stock Go.

This is exactly how I felt!!!

Then I slept on it. I'm going to wait for the performance Model 3. I'm still super excited though! I called Tesla and they said I would preserve my point in line if I don't configure now.

Are you kidding?

I think.....

I think.....

lol

First Production - Now
Base Vehicle - Late 18
Dual Motor AWD - Mid 18

Go Tesla stock Go.

Holy crap, finally. I can't wait until you get it and all your forum post turn positive.

I JUST reserved and it still says Late 2018 for first production with upgrades or 220/310 AWD and Early 2019 for 220. Does it surprise anyone that these are the timeframes it is giving me when I just reserved tonight? I was expecting more like Early 2019 for first production with upgrades and even later for the other options.

Are most expecting an $1875 tax credit to be available through June 2019?

Yes. 4-6 months at full credit.. 6 months at half and 6 months at 1/4 or $1875. If early in Q2 then it would be one year after Sept 30th for the final 1875 to end. That is the earliest it could end at this point.

There is also a small chance the law will be changed before then as it currently is more beneficial to those that have yet to take advantage and mostly companies outside the US.

I think Tesla has some technical glitch with sending notification emails that your reservation is ready to be configured. I'm a previous Tesla owner and already have my Model 3 (love it BTW), but I never received an email from Tesla that my car was ready to configure. I wasn't checking my Tesla account myself waiting for an email. Finally, someone from Tesla called me and told me that it had been ready to configure for over 3 weeks.
It's only the invite e-mail, because I received an email that my order was confirmed before I was even done with it. I was still working on uploading pictures of my insurance and drivers license.

Is it possible they purposely don't send them all out hoping their servers don't get flooded all at one time, and just want word of mouth to spread?

It is strange that they would send the email AND open the design center and not have them coordinated. When I got my email it was the end of the Tesla business day that had seen people getting access to design their car starting early that morning east coast time. It doesn't take THAT long to send the email, so they must have paced it.

Or perhaps they have yet to automate that process, they are building the emails by HAND! :eek:

-Randy

• Funny
Reactions: iwannam3