Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved before 11am here in Las Vegas. I checked my account and ordering is not available to me yet. I'm waiting for the white interior though, anyway.
Any news since?
Reserved at 9:30 AM in Utah, can't configure yet.
I'm geographically located between you two, reserved in LV at 11:30 a.m. (12:30 p.m. mountain, my delivery zone) and was also not among the lucky batch today. Is anybody in this area of the south/mountain west able to configure?

If what I am reading is accurate, it appears that first day non owners who got their reservations in from 10:00 a.m. thru 12 noon got their invites today regardless of where they are in the country. Will be interesting to see if the next batch is 12 noon to 2 pm people.

I think all reservations prior to the reveal were in person reservations...no internet reservations??

I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out Tesla's method of orderly delivery. People in North Carolina have gotten to configure, yet first day stand in line (later in day) in Arizona is sucking wind. So much about deliveries moving from West coast to East coast, unless it is by time of first day reservations.

Any news since?

Still not able to order.

If what I am reading is accurate, it appears that first day non owners who got their reservations in from 10:00 a.m. thru 12 noon got their invites today regardless of where they are in the country.

As I mentioned, I reserved before 11am local (pacific) time, and cannot order yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Lunarx and geometro
If what I am reading is accurate, it appears that first day non owners who got their reservations in from 10:00 a.m. thru 12 noon got their invites today regardless of where they are in the country. Will be interesting to see if the next batch is 12 noon to 2 pm people.

I think all reservations prior to the reveal were in person reservations...no internet reservations??

I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out Tesla's method of orderly delivery. People in North Carolina have gotten to configure, yet first day stand in line (later in day) in Arizona is sucking wind. So much about deliveries moving from West coast to East coast, unless it is by time of first day reservations.
I think I was 87th in line at Fashion Square on 3/31, which put my reservation at approx. 10:25, and I'm not able to configure.

My guess is that Tesla at some point realized their original "west to east" plan wasn't going to work, so they scrapped it in favor of the current free for all.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
So it may be just the 10 am reservations. I believe there was 120,000 before the reveal event started. Likely a BIG batch of them is before noon, many stores had satisfied the line and were taking walk-in reservations the rest of the day. So probably the overnight waiters are the ones that got the invite today? Though I heard there were 500 ppl in line at the Palo Alto store overnight. Not sure how they would differentiate those from the walk-ins at the Monterey store.

Kind of odd jumping the fence from waiter to orderer. Changes all the things I have been thinking about, now I have to pay for the car and figure out all my first road trips.

-Randy

So I got my invitation today too:)... first day, non-owner, in-store Bellevue WA.
I've decided to "Hold My Place" in the configurator, (waiting for AWD).
When I go back in to "Manage my Account" it still invites me to configure or "hold my place" again.
What confirmation do you get if you "hold my place"?
What changes appear in you "Manage my Account" page?

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
So I got my invitation today too:)... first day, non-owner, in-store Bellevue WA.
I've decided to "Hold My Place" in the configurator, (waiting for AWD).
When I go back in to "Manage my Account" it still invites me to configure or "hold my place" again.
What confirmation do you get if you "hold my place"?
What changes appear in you "Manage my Account" page?

We deferred our 2/14 invite (for AWD) and noticed the same thing. Actually did the whole Hold My Place thing twice not sure if the first time took. This was because when we got the Thank You screen and we closed it, it took us simply back to My Tesla which still showed the Hold My Place button seemingly like we were seeing it for the first time. If anyone had something different happen when you deferred, let us know. I get that our Estimator screen was still boxed in blue for First Production, since you can go and order 1st if you decide you can't wait or if you change your mind, but we were expecting something would have changed on it to acknowledge we did make a choice.

Here's what our screens looked like:

IMG_1700.PNG
IMG_1703.PNG
IMG_1705.PNG

Last edited: