TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-owner to owner status; how it affects M3 reservation?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Brettski, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Brettski

Brettski Supporting Member

I have a Model 3 reservation from October as a non-owner, not due for delivery until late 2018/early 2019. In the interim, I've just ordered a Model S. Does anyone know if/when/how becoming an owner will affect my M3 reservation? Will it change, and if so, automatically?

2. DMack

DMack Member

Most certainly.

I was told that - based on my TM3 reservation status - that I should i expect to receive an invitation to configure my 3 days after becoming and owner.

I am non-owner and preordered on 4/1 and am scheduled to take deliver of my MS on Wednesday.

• Informative x 1
  3. Brettski

Brettski Supporting Member

Thank you, and best of luck on your delivery!

• Like x 1
  4. turtlesz

turtlesz Member

I waited in line on 3/31 in socal to reserve the model 3 and still waiting for my configurator to open up. I have purchased a model x and scheduled for delivery this Sunday! I believe you must have already taken delivery before owner priority kicks in, configuring and ordering the Model S/X online is not enough.

• Like x 1
  5. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

Come back and let us know if/when you get the invite to configure your M3! I'm curious to see if this is true as well.

• Like x 1
  6. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

I got my invite to configure 4-5 days after buying my Model S in February

• Informative x 1
  7. Reddy Kilowatt

Agree I was told the same thing.

Get my S Friday.

8. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

Well I picked up my model S today and also put in a reservation for a model 3. We will see if owner priority is still a thing.

9. 1680md

1680md Member

I ordered two model 3s on 3/31/16. I am picking up my model S next week. Hopefully I'll receive an invitation to configure my Model 3 soon after.

10. project880

project880 Member

Received my Model 3 invite to design/config within two days after taking delivery of my MS.

• Informative x 1
  11. Reddy Kilowatt

I've had mine for 5 days,no word.

12. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

Got my model S on March 22, placed an order for M3 the same day. Got invite to configure late that night/early next morning.

• Informative x 1
  13. DMack

DMack Member

Had my MS since Sunday, still no invite (although i didn't become an official 'owner' until some time on Monday)

14. Reddy Kilowatt

Im and owner and got the old MCU :mad:, first day reservation, for just about a week. no word this morning. I talked to Tesla last night.

I can see the california owners getting called ASAP before month end. "sure come on down and pick one off the lot and we will clean it up for you." who would have ever thought that from Tesla.

• Funny x 1
  15. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Let's play jeopardy

Had my S for a week now. 3 reservation placed oct 2016 (super late, I know). Still no change in my status.

16. Xtek

Xtek Member

Been an owner since Sept 2017. Place a reservation on 3/17 but haven't seen an invite, yet.

17. elderforester

elderforester Member

Ordered Model 3 on 4/13/17. After reading loads of Model 3 reviews during the autumn of 2017, decided on Model S.

Placed my Model S order mid-Jan. Collected Model S on 3/23/18. Kept the Model 3 order as the wife now wants it.

No invite to configure yet, although I login to check on the progress every day.

18. elderforester

elderforester Member

Received invitation to order at 2:11 on Friday, April 6th. Completed.

• Informative x 1
  19. 1680md

1680md Member

Took delivery of MS on Saturday 3/31. Received an invitation to configure my two M3s today. I initially placed a reservation on 3/31/16.

• Like x 1
  20. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

Out of curiosity, has anyone gone from owner to non-owner and lost their priority? Planning on trading in the S when we take delivery of our first 3 and wonder if the second reservation will still have priority.