Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner to owner status; how it affects M3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 reservation from October as a non-owner, not due for delivery until late 2018/early 2019. In the interim, I've just ordered a Model S. Does anyone know if/when/how becoming an owner will affect my M3 reservation? Will it change, and if so, automatically?

Most certainly.

I was told that - based on my TM3 reservation status - that I should i expect to receive an invitation to configure my 3 days after becoming and owner.

I am non-owner and preordered on 4/1 and am scheduled to take deliver of my MS on Wednesday.

• Informative
Reactions: Brettski
I waited in line on 3/31 in socal to reserve the model 3 and still waiting for my configurator to open up. I have purchased a model x and scheduled for delivery this Sunday! I believe you must have already taken delivery before owner priority kicks in, configuring and ordering the Model S/X online is not enough.

Reactions: Brettski
Most certainly.

I was told that - based on my TM3 reservation status - that I should i expect to receive an invitation to configure my 3 days after becoming and owner.

I am non-owner and preordered on 4/1 and am scheduled to take deliver of my MS on Wednesday.
Come back and let us know if/when you get the invite to configure your M3! I'm curious to see if this is true as well.

Reactions: DMack
Had my MS since Sunday, still no invite (although i didn't become an official 'owner' until some time on Monday)

Im and owner and got the old MCU :mad:, first day reservation, for just about a week. no word this morning. I talked to Tesla last night.

I can see the california owners getting called ASAP before month end. "sure come on down and pick one off the lot and we will clean it up for you." who would have ever thought that from Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: DMack
Ordered Model 3 on 4/13/17. After reading loads of Model 3 reviews during the autumn of 2017, decided on Model S.

Placed my Model S order mid-Jan. Collected Model S on 3/23/18. Kept the Model 3 order as the wife now wants it.

No invite to configure yet, although I login to check on the progress every day.