Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owners in No VA, have you received your M3 yet? The wait is unbearable!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved 3/31/2016 In store early afternoon (drove by in the morning and saw the long line and went later)
Configured 4/10
VIN around 4/17
ISA email 4/24 (lending application approval process followed by delivery estimates)
Estimated arrival 5/8
Scheduled pickup 5/11
MSM 19 EAP

I'm in Chantilly most of the day. let me know or PM to come take a look.

I saw Vin's 151xx, 141xx, and 181xx in the delivery bay.

Reddy, thanks for letting me check out your model 3, it looks beautiful.

BTW, I finally got my VIN this afternoon:
Reserved: 3/31/16 line waiter at Tyco Rd
invite: 4/6/18
configured: 4/6/18 MSM, EAP, 18
VIN date: 5/9/18
VIN: 164xx

No delivery date yet.

Line Waiter (non-owner) at Tysons Corner
4/6 Configure (Red, Aero)
5/2 VIN assigned (192xx)
5/3 ISA first contact
5/4 ISA second contact (trade-in documentation follow-up)
5/8 Received trade-in assessment, Declined offer (carvana.com offered 20% more)

On Thursday 5/3, my car was sitting in the lot at Fremont
On Friday 5/4, my ISA told me my car was en-route to the train station. He said he can't schedule delivery until it arrives in Richmond, where it will be shipped north. He said he can probably schedule delivery in "about a week."

Latest info I have is from today when I declined their trade-in, he said "I hope to have more information on the location of your vehicle within the next few days."

I bet there are quite a few cars on this train to Richmond :)

Just got the call!! The soonest they'd let me take delivery at Tyson's Corner is May 31; grabbed the 10am slot. Hope to see some of you there :D

Reactions: Reddy Kilowatt
Just got the call!! The soonest they'd let me take delivery at Tyson's Corner is May 31; grabbed the 10am slot. Hope to see some of you there :D
I read your comment about Carvana and went to their site. They offered me a better deal on my trade in than Tesla and Carmax. I hope it holds up when they come for inspection and pickup. Just wanted to say thanks for that!!!

W00t! Got my VIN today!

Line waiter at tyco rd.
Invite 4/10
Config 4/10 (MSM Aero)
VIN Assigned 5/11 (188xx)

I'm gonna have to review this thread some more to get a feel for the delivery times, but the spreadsheet digest reports are listing a 4 week average of 25 days from VIN to VA Delivery.

Each step is a little more painful than the first, isn't it?

Reactions: Devanish
W00t! Got my VIN today!

Line waiter at tyco rd.
Invite 4/10
Config 4/10 (MSM Aero)
VIN Assigned 5/11 (188xx)

I'm gonna have to review this thread some more to get a feel for the delivery times, but the spreadsheet digest reports are listing a 4 week average of 25 days from VIN to VA Delivery.

Each step is a little more painful than the first, isn't it?

2 1/2 weeks for me from VIN to 5/18 delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: davedavedave
Picked mine up today. Delivery center at Tyson’s was top notch. They were just as excited delivering as I was receiving. It’s everything I expected and more. I reluctantly had them add the front plate before leaving.
38AAF2F9-385D-494F-9358-0278B196AAFB.jpeg
1F92DD42-11C8-4844-9FCF-2C97E21D8608.jpeg
DFD1DC4D-0AC9-4A67-8B6F-24E1D1001446.jpeg

Invite: 4/13 (3-6 week delivery)
Config: 4/13 (Silver/Aero)
VIN: 5/1
ISA call: 5/2
Trade-in offer: 5/3 (declined, fair offer but decided to keep the old car. Model 3 on it’s way from Fremont)
Delivery: 5/18

Same day configure 4/6.

Same location.

Vin 151xx

Just got the first and only phone call today and got May 6th arrival this Sunday. May 9th AM delivery. :D:D:D

Compared to model S process, the model 3 process was terrible. No communication at all. we got a Vin # the same day we configured.

I think there a little busy

I am in VA and configured on the 26th or 28th or something, still no VIN but I know 19"s have not been coming out of the factory so I expected the wait to be a bit. Once we start seeing 19's show up in the lot at the factory I am sure vin's will start going out for 19" peeps.

Invite: 4/13 (3-6 week delivery)
Config: 4/13 (Silver/Aero)
VIN: 5/1
ISA call: 5/2
Trade-in offer: 5/3 (declined, fair offer but decided to keep the old car. Model 3 on it’s way from Fremont)
Delivery: 5/18

We configured on the same day (I went with white/aero) and I'm nearby in MD, but I still don't even have a VIN. Starting to wonder if Tesla is going to massively delay NA shipments until 1 July.