Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owners in No VA, have you received your M3 yet? The wait is unbearable!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of note, she did mention that things could change depending on various factors....

That made my Spidey Sense tingle. I've had my delivery date scheduled at Tysons for about 11 days now (only more 10 to go), but when I logged into my account online, my VIN had disappeared!

I've reached out to my ISA and I will let you know what I discover. This could be a real problem, because I had already reported the VIN to the insurance company...

That made my Spidey Sense tingle. I've had my delivery date scheduled at Tysons for about 11 days now (only more 10 to go), but when I logged into my account online, my VIN had disappeared!

I've reached out to my ISA and I will let you know what I discover. This could be a real problem, because I had already reported the VIN to the insurance company...
A lot of VINs have been removed from owners accounts, the news is that Tesla has a new policy that the VIN only be shown 7 days before delivery. I think it makes it difficult for owners to look for insurance or loans with only 7 days notice.

Yep - my spidey-sense tingled too.

A lot of VINs have been removed from owners accounts, the news is that Tesla has a new policy that the VIN only be shown 7 days before delivery. I think it makes it difficult for owners to look for insurance or loans with only 7 days notice.

Oh - good to know! I thought that they took the VINs off of the account page altogether - now my spidey-sense is really tingling...

My ISA had this to say:

We are having some maintenance on our site so the VIN’s have disappeared for now.

The VIN Should pop up the week of your delivery if you would like to verify this prior to your delivery date but I will do the same on my end.
So the "1 week" statement is consistent with the other messaging here, but I'm not sure I buy the "maintenance" story. I work in tech, and I know "maintenance" is code for "we're doing something, don't worry about it, everything will be fine eventually, you just don't want to know how sausage gets made." ;)

My ISA had this to say:

We are having some maintenance on our site so the VIN’s have disappeared for now.

The VIN Should pop up the week of your delivery if you would like to verify this prior to your delivery date but I will do the same on my end.
So the "1 week" statement is consistent with the other messaging here, but I'm not sure I buy the "maintenance" story. I work in tech, and I know "maintenance" is code for "we're doing something, don't worry about it, everything will be fine eventually, you just don't want to know how sausage gets made." ;)

I don’t buy it either.

I read a few posts that mentioned a VIN discovery “hack”, so I tried it out today on my phone while at JiffyLube with my old stinker Prius.

It goes like this:
- visit Tesla, -
- login,
- shop,
- add a wall connector to your cart,
- checkout
- voila - a drop-down prompts you to select your vehicle, and displays the last 5 digits of your VIN.

Worked for me, even though my previously visible VIN had disappeared. They’re just trying to hide VINs.

• Informative
Reactions: piercebot
I don’t buy it either.

I read a few posts that mentioned a VIN discovery “hack”, so I tried it out today on my phone while at JiffyLube with my old stinker Prius.

It goes like this:
- visit Tesla, -
- login,
- shop,
- checkout
- voila - a drop-down prompts you to select your vehicle, and displays the last 5 digits of your VIN.

Worked for me, even though my previously visible VIN had disappeared. They’re just trying to hide VINs.

This worked great! Looks like I still have my old VIN; crisis averted! :D

I don’t buy it either.

It goes like this:
- visit Tesla, -
- login,
- shop,
- checkout

I agree it's not "maintenance", but it could be that there were too many instances of people rejecting cars at delivery because of issues (panel misalignment, scratch, etc...) and that required them to pull a VIN assigned to someone else to give to the guy who rejected. So they've decided that until 1 week before delivery, no car is "locked" to anyone. So while everyone still gets a VIN, it's more like it's now "tentative" because they may need to reassign to someone else. So to prevent calls from people in a panic that their VIN is now gone and when are they getting a new one, they plan to only let them know when it's pretty much a sure thing.

The fact that the entire website didn't get updated to hide all instances of the VIN that is assigned just means they missed some cases.

I agree it's not "maintenance", but it could be that there were too many instances of people rejecting cars at delivery because of issues (panel misalignment, scratch, etc...) and that required them to pull a VIN assigned to someone else to give to the guy who rejected. So they've decided that until 1 week before delivery, no car is "locked" to anyone. So while everyone still gets a VIN, it's more like it's now "tentative" because they may need to reassign to someone else. So to prevent calls from people in a panic that their VIN is now gone and when are they getting a new one, they plan to only let them know when it's pretty much a sure thing.

The fact that the entire website didn't get updated to hide all instances of the VIN that is assigned just means they missed some cases.
I work on enterprise web sites and yeah sometimes people forget all the places things show up :D and they wouldn't have disconnected vins, just hiding them from the sound of it.

I work on enterprise web sites and yeah sometimes people forget all the places things show up :D and they wouldn't have disconnected vins, just hiding them from the sound of it.
Exactly. They're not going to build a car "just because". They will have some entity that the car is meant for -- it could be a person, or a business, or a service center for loaners, or showroom. But it's going to be assigned to something. They may have to shuffle them around, and that's when VINs get re-assigned, and they just didn't want to deal with the calls and questions coming all the time about "Hey, I have VIN x14029... IT DISAPPEARED. WHEN AM I GETTING MY CAR?!?!??!?!"

Databases are harder to change constraints that may be hooked in at a very low level than just the UI layer on top.

I took delivery today. I have to say, after having watched a ridiculous amount of videos and poured over hundreds of photos. The most unexpected thing was how plush the interior is. Also the new car smell (lets call it E-Musk) is intoxicating! The smell and the plush surroundings really lubricates and titillates the senses in an almost libidinous way. I don't think I'll be driving with the windows down any time soon.

First night in the TM3 and almost had to break out the "I was in autopilot" defense

IMG_1045.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: davedavedave
Bummer this happened to you. :(

will you change and get AWD now?

No I’ll be sicking with my current config.

I tried the wall connector VIN trick and, as of this morning, I have a new VIN assigned (a couple hundred higher than my original VIN). My ISA is going to follow up with me within the next day or two to see if delivery can stay the same or not.