Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owners in No VA, have you received your M3 yet? The wait is unbearable!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 801 credit score and got 3.29 from Tesla :( but I did a 60 month lease, did you do shorter?

I went with my credit union for 60mo@ 2.99%, %50 LTV - a little higher than the lowest rates I've seen here, but I wind up with simpler money management for ~$40 or so a year. 826 credit score, so I thought I'd get lower, but the rates have been bumping up everywhere lately.

Got Model 3 invitation on April 14th. Configured on the same day. VIN 20180 was assigned with a delivery date May 4th then postponed to May 7th. But it was not delivered to May 7th saying that it was damaged during shipping. No new VIN yet.

I went with my credit union for 60mo@ 2.99%, %50 LTV - a little higher than the lowest rates I've seen here, but I wind up with simpler money management for ~$40 or so a year. 826 credit score, so I thought I'd get lower, but the rates have been bumping up everywhere lately.

Just curious @Snerruc - what in my post did disagree with? Often when I click "disagree", it's because I don't feel like hammering out a detailed response... just curious is all..

Tx!

Reactions: dhrivnak
Was in and out of Tysons in 2 hours! Found some paint swirls and a scratch on the trunk (VIN 192xx), and they re-did the whole panel for me in about 45 minutes while I waited in the "Owners Lounge." Because I'm an owner!

Overall a fantastic experience, and the car is 100% worth the wait. I was feeling like I might be making a poor decision spending all this money on a car (my 2011 Infiniti G37x never gave any problems whatsoever), but 10 seconds behind the wheel of my Model 3 convinced me I'd never drive an ICE car again.

V0gjSYViLUzTgNUEykXlb9JkTPH1E69oVjXh3kUuLTAtioXUJk-iIVV9vgPugBGASH4sxophz5ARmpSQnR6zw1Rc-yR3kFIaFFHXbJ4xg809oMPKl0KyajMUHiqZ90hrIIW6c9K51sw=w2586-h1201-no

I was the only person taking delivery on Tuesday around noon; there was a lot of empty space in there. If your delivery is scheduled for the next few days, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. If your car is already at the delivery center, they might be able to squeeze you in a couple days early (like they did for me)!

Apparently my car came early and the Tysons delivery crew did me a solid and bumped my day up from the 31st to tomorrow (the 29th)!! So excited!

I passed a semi on I81 last night with 9 Model 3s heading your way.

PS I was driving my Model 3 as well.

Big shout out to both of you guys - thanks for the hot tips you guys! I just called up the Tyson's service center, and they bumped me up to tomorrow morning instead of Monday!

Congrats on that beauty @pierebot, and maybe that *was* my car you saw last night @dhrivnak!

• Love
Reactions: piercebot
I received an email from my ISA today, my car is finished production and on it's way to VA, and I was given an estimate delivery date of Sat 6/2 at Tico Rd service center. The long wait is almost over, two more weeks!!! :)
Picked up my car this morning, no issues, fit and finish is almost perfect, cannot find any gap misalignment or paint issues. Drove 50 miles, AP is not working yet, DS said it takes a day for the sensors and cameras to calibrate, will try it tomorrow and see. so far so good.

Attachments

• TeslaModel3.JPG
    TeslaModel3.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 47
I am getting delivery in Richmond in a week and a half.. but I know my car isn't there yet because I went snooping :) nothing in the front or back lot just 1 red model 3 which had marks on it to correct some dings.. if you know anyone expecting red model 3 with sports wheels soon in RVA.. it may be theirs. It was a ghost town at the RVA Tesla for a Saturday man... nobody there but sales people.

Any photos of 3's on semi's headed up this way? I was told mine was going to Alabama first.

So, Friday's delivery at Tyco Rd Service Center was pretty great. I had really been expecting there to be a barista instead of a Keurig machine - so I can only give the delivery experience 4.8 out of 5 stars ;) We were in an out in 45 minutes. Having done everything that we could in advance, all we had to do was sign 4 forms, which took all of 4 minutes. After that, we got the obligatory walk-through - I opted to sit in the back seat while my wife got the front row tour.

Her impressions: Very, very, very impressed with the car, not having paid *any* attention to any of the info online. But later when she drove it - WOW - she loves it. Now we need another Tesla :facepalm: - I really should have just ordered two...

My impressions: WOW! I'm in love. Fit and finish is great. The passenger side chrome trim may be off by .75mm - but that's all I can find so far. Drove it to work and folks were pretty wowed. For my return journey, I opted to overshoot home and see if Autopilot would activate, and sure enough, somewhere between 26 and 40 miles it was.

My first nit-pick: Autopilot is amazing, but I already see room for improvement. NoVA folks familiar with the Dulles toll road: I experienced a gentle ping-pong effect while cruising the eastbound stretch between WolfTrap and Springhill Rd.. I was going about 70mph, and those couple of miles have gentle knolls and turns. The car kept centered very well, but it still seemed to gently veer towards the wrong lane edge between the long curves - if only a few inches. On straight-away sections it seems perfect, but I can imagine getting a little sea-sick on roads like that stretch. I'm curious to know what my fellow NoVA M3 drivers experience is on this same stretch of road.

IMG_0632.jpg

Reactions: piercebot
So, Friday's delivery at Tyco Rd Service Center was pretty great. I had really been expecting there to be a barista instead of a Keurig machine - so I can only give the delivery experience 4.8 out of 5 stars ;) We were in an out in 45 minutes. Having done everything that we could in advance, all we had to do was sign 4 forms, which took all of 4 minutes. After that, we got the obligatory walk-through - I opted to sit in the back seat while my wife got the front row tour.

Her impressions: Very, very, very impressed with the car, not having paid *any* attention to any of the info online. But later when she drove it - WOW - she loves it. Now we need another Tesla :facepalm: - I really should have just ordered two...

My impressions: WOW! I'm in love. Fit and finish is great. The passenger side chrome trim may be off by .75mm - but that's all I can find so far. Drove it to work and folks were pretty wowed. For my return journey, I opted to overshoot home and see if Autopilot would activate, and sure enough, somewhere between 26 and 40 miles it was.

My first nit-pick: Autopilot is amazing, but I already see room for improvement. NoVA folks familiar with the Dulles toll road: I experienced a gentle ping-pong effect while cruising the eastbound stretch between WolfTrap and Springhill Rd.. I was going about 70mph, and those couple of miles have gentle knolls and turns. The car kept centered very well, but it still seemed to gently veer towards the wrong lane edge between the long curves - if only a few inches. On straight-away sections it seems perfect, but I can imagine getting a little sea-sick on roads like that stretch. I'm curious to know what my fellow NoVA M3 drivers experience is on this same stretch of road.

View attachment 305819
That is the same color i'm getting. I have a question. Did you put the front license plate on with the double sided sticky tape they have or did you do something different of your own?

That is the same color i'm getting. I have a question. Did you put the front license plate on with the double sided sticky tape they have or did you do something different of your own?

They offered to install it for us at the dealership, via the sticky-tape-method. I asked them about the technique to remove it and they said one could use a heat gun and dental floss, and that there'd be no damage to the paint - so I said "Sure, let's do it."

On Aug. 3, my ISA in Vegas told me my AWD (VIN 66xxx) would be available for delivery in Tysons, VA as early as 8/14. I made an appointment for the morning of 8/17. Yesterday, 8/15, I called the Tysons delivery center to confirm the appointment and they indicated my car was still in transit and likely wouldn't arrive until this coming weekend, and that they'd need at least 1 day to inspect the car. They asked me to contact my IDA to reschedule. My ISA hasn't provided me with an IDA yet, so when I contacted my ISA yesterday, she indicated she was just learning of the status and would contact me when she had definite dates. I have not heard back from her yet.