Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4/2/16 online reservation
6/28/18 order: AWD non-perf MSM/black interior w EAP
7/24/18 update: AWD non-perf DBM/white interior w EAP
8/17/18 update: AWD non-perf MCR/white interior w EAP
8/19/18 edit button disappeared; trade-in info requested
Delivery estimate still says Oct-Dec 2018

I’m located in Hartford, CT area and planning to pick-up in Mt. Kisco, NY.

Hey, i get it, I'd be frustrated too...and i couldn't tell you why. I'm sure location plays some part of it and they happen to be shipping to some specific location. The only other outlier i can think of is i did purchase the same week solar panels with Tesla...i don't know if that put me on some priority list or what, just spit-balling. I also never changed my order from day 1.
No worries, welcome to the forum! In a few weeks I think most will have their delivery scheduled.

I'm in Tampa, FL, ordered 7/28 without reservation, and just had my edit button disappear and asked for financing info, for what it's worth

AWD non P
Blue Metallic
Premium White Interior
18" Aero Wheels
EAP

I have the same configuration and lost the edit button on the 9th. The 10th I uploaded my trade-in info and they contacted me on the 13th to confirm I have a trade-in and private financing. They said that my car was already built on the 10th. Since then I have not heard a word and do not have a quote on my car.

No, I have not called/emailed them for a VIN as they have better things to do.

Holy *sugar*, looks like it's happening for me too. Edit button was there this morning when I did my usual wake up / refresh, but it's gone now and asking me for updated financial info. April 18th 2016 reservation, June 27th order for solid black non-P AWD, updated July 23rd for white interior. Still no call for me though.
Looks like my car will be ready for pickup this Wednesday. Damn that was fast, I scheduled pickup this coming Saturday.

03/31/16: Pre-reveal online reservation
04/06/18: Initial invite
06/26/18: Order: AWD non-perf black/black interior w EAP
07/24/18: update: AWD non-perf MSM/white interior w EAP
07/31/18: update: AWD non-perf black/white interior w EAP(Thru Edit-design URL)
8/20/18 : Email from IDA. No VIN yet. Sent a reply to IDA requesting VIN# and couple of changes(Payment and trade-in)

I’ll post mine:

non owner
Salt Lake City

4/3/16 reserved model 3
6/28/18 first invitation and ordered AWD, msm, 18”, EAP
Upgraded to white interior the day it was available, through the edit design button. The same edit button still remains but I won’t edit anymore due to changes of cost and fear of losing my place.

No further update or contact from tesla. I’ll update this post when I hear more tesla.

Update! Today my tesla page was updated! I have the yellow lines for financing and trade in. I haven’t heard from tesla yet but will call in the morning to see if I have a VIN then I’ll take that straight to the bank and credit union to get loan. So excited!

Reactions: Sg911
There seems to have been a decent amount of movement today but unfortunately none for me. 4/1/16 reservation, 6/28 config. Blue/white/19. Think maybe the 19s could be holding things up
Same config but Aeros. Haven’t heard anything. 4/1/6 Rez, 6/28 order. 7/28 white interior. Fremont delivery with cash. No edit button for 5 weeks. My website hasn’t even updated to white interior. No communication AT ALL. Really disappointed in the piss poor customer service. Everybody on the phone is unhelpful. Anybody else feeling neglected?

Update! Today my tesla page was updated! I have the yellow lines for financing and trade in. I haven’t heard from tesla yet but will call in the morning to see if I have a VIN then I’ll take that straight to the bank and credit union to get loan. So excited!

@tony b I would get the pictures uploaded first as I have been waiting on that for almost two weeks now. No need to call as they will email you today or tomorrow to confirm that you are financing and trading in so they can start the paperwork.

It seems like almost everyone is losing their edit buttons in the last few days. Are people hearing from Tesla that have lost the edit within the last week? I added my financing info and have no edit as of last Thursday but haven't received an email or call and was just wondering if things are still going in the same order/timeframe as before or if we are seeing a change in the way it is done with the website changes last week.

Same config but Aeros. Haven’t heard anything. 4/1/6 Rez, 6/28 order. 7/28 white interior. Fremont delivery with cash. No edit button for 5 weeks. My website hasn’t even updated to white interior. No communication AT ALL. Really disappointed in the piss poor customer service. Everybody on the phone is unhelpful. Anybody else feeling neglected?

My account still shows the wrong configuration. After inquiring about white interior they changed it to performance. Then they changed it to non performance, but with the wrong wheels. This was weeks ago. After several calls I was assured the account would be changed by last Friday, and they would monitor my account to make sure it was changed correctly the third time, by Friday at the latest. They acknowledged that the computer system messed up a lot of configurations when people requested the white interior and they have a huge backlog of configurations to fix. Mine just hasn't been one of them yet. My account still shows Blue, AWD, White Interior, Aero Wheels. Should be the 19" wheels though. Located in PA.

My account still shows the wrong configuration. After inquiring about white interior they changed it to performance. Then they changed it to non performance, but with the wrong wheels. This was weeks ago. After several calls I was assured the account would be changed by last Friday, and they would monitor my account to make sure it was changed correctly the third time, by Friday at the latest. They acknowledged that the computer system messed up a lot of configurations when people requested the white interior and they have a huge backlog of configurations to fix. Mine just hasn't been one of them yet. My account still shows Blue, AWD, White Interior, Aero Wheels. Should be the 19" wheels though. Located in PA.
Just got off the phone with an inside sales manager. He assured me that my original order + change request went to the factory and they will build my correct car. Fingers crossed. The website updates don't reflect the factory order. It's just data entry and they are way behind. No VIN, OA or DA assigned yet. Says that will happen 3-4 weeks before delivery. Who knows. I told him that nobody believes the website delivery windows. He got an earful from me about all the inconsistent and incomplete information his customer service agents have provided me over the last few months. He called it a "coaching moment." It should be.

Just got off the phone with an inside sales manager. He assured me that my original order + change request went to the factory and they will build my correct car. Fingers crossed. The website updates don't reflect the factory order. It's just data entry and they are way behind. No VIN, OA or DA assigned yet. Says that will happen 3-4 weeks before delivery. Who knows. I told him that nobody believes the website delivery windows. He got an earful from me about all the inconsistent and incomplete information his customer service agents have provided me over the last few months. He called it a "coaching moment." It should be.

Was the change request on phone? When I changed to White Interior on 7/28 using the Edit Design link, it was reflected on the website immediately. I am guessing your Edit Design link disappeared before 7/28?

My change to white interior from 7/24 just updated on the website yesterday and pushed my alleged delivery window back from September through November to October through December. All of the prices are correct. As long as I remain patient and get it hopefully before January 1st everything will be okay. If I get it sometime before January 1st that will just be a bonus! Troy's delivery estimator has me getting the car on November 9th which would be wonderful.

Last edited:
Long time lurker...and about time for me to contribute to the group. Got my VIN for my White/White AWD - non-P yesterday with a scheduled delivery date for 8/26 in Costa Mesa. Details below. Hope this helps!

Reservation - 4/1/16
Configured - 6/27/18 (AWD)
Change to White Interior via email - 7/24/18
Confirmed change on portal - 7/26/18
Delivery email - 8/20/18
Scheduled delivery - 8/26/19

VIN - 969XX

Looks like everyone posting ordered before me so I probably still have some time. I ordered AWD (non-P) in Blue with 19" wheels on Aug 9. Obviously, I haven't heard anything and don't expect to for a while. I'm guessing at least a month. But I'm thinking about adding EAP. Should I go ahead a do it while I still have the edit button? Or is that going to delay it more?

This makes sense with what customer service told me. Another reason why I'm not calling every single day. Customer service is separate from the factory team and really doesn't seem to know that much. I'll just eagerly wait for a VIN to be assigned and then attempt to make sure my order is correct at that time. No sense continually bugging them along with thousands of other impatient callers demanding answers. A coaching moment indeed.

Looks like everyone posting ordered before me so I probably still have some time. I ordered AWD (non-P) in Blue with 19" wheels on Aug 9. Obviously, I haven't heard anything and don't expect to for a while. I'm guessing at least a month. But I'm thinking about adding EAP. Should I go ahead a do it while I still have the edit button? Or is that going to delay it more?

Aug 9... didn't that still have the lower Delivery Fee of $1000 instead of the new $1200? I think I read that if you keep the same color, they are not going to charge you the extra $500, but what about the delivery fee? Would they raise it by $200 if you change your order now?