Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I read here that a few people ordered the P originally because it was the ONLY way to get white interior. A few of those probably switched to Non-P since.

It seems a few of the sales people still think it is only available with the P. I was sitting in a model with the white interior and they were trying to tell me I could only get it with the P. I was going RWD so it didn't matter.

Update:
Reserved 6/24/18
Configured White Ext/Black Int/AWD/18"/EAP 6/27/18
Changed to White Interior 7/24/18
Edit Design Link Disappeared 8/20/18
Received Email from IDA 8/21/18
Received Phone Call from IDA 8/22/18
Scheduled Delivery @ Costa Mesa on 8/29/18
Purchase Agreement e-signed 8/23/18
VIN #96XXX

According to my IDA, the day that my Edit Design link disappeared was the same day that my car arrived at the delivery center at Costa Mesa (8/20). And from that point on, the delivery center will need at least 5 days to check out the car, so the soonest I could take delivery would be 5 days later and if there is a schedule opening. Also I was told that the "delivery experience" will take about 20 min. I think I read from other posts that some were told 5 min, some were told 10 min... 15 min... 20 min... etc. Well I was told 20 min just as a reference.

It does seem like this past week has been all about the "white interior" option.

I have a car on order for 1.5 months and a guy in my state near me just ordered this past few days and already has a delivery scheduled. No reservation.

He got AWD + White interior + Aeros.

When they sent the email out just saying that white interior is available and explaining how to update your order I was suspicious they did that because they had some white interior cars just sitting ready for a buyer. If I had changed that very day I may have already got a VIN now.

But since this last week was all about the white interior cars. Maybe the next week or so will be back to being about the black interiors.

When they sent the email out just saying that white interior is available and explaining how to update your order I was suspicious they did that because they had some white interior cars just sitting ready for a buyer.

You know how they said the P-AWD will have priority for the next few months? I was thinking that maybe they pre-built too many P-AWD with white interior and not even people buying them. So the non-P AWD with white interior being delivered now are all actually P-AWD hardware with non-P AWD software! :D

You know how they said the P-AWD will have priority for the next few months? I was thinking that maybe they pre-built too many P-AWD with white interior and not even people buying them. So the non-P AWD with white interior being delivered now are all actually P-AWD hardware with non-P AWD software! :D

Ehhh, I don’t think so. I am still waiting 3/31/16 res 6/26/18 order, Model S owner since 2013, Blue, White interior AWD-P, Aeros, FSD.

Ehhh, I don’t think so. I am still waiting 3/31/16 res 6/26/18 order, Model S owner since 2013, Blue, White interior AWD-P, Aeros, FSD.

Okay I am going to go with my 2nd crazy theory. After they build the AWD-P with white interior, they have to run thru a final QC to make sure it met the performance of a P. A bunch of them failed, so they became just AWD with white interior!

I didn't order until 7/31 so here's hoping if I pick up in Chicago they'll just throw mine on the same truck as yours :)
I called today just to check and see if I'd luck out with some news (I have a long ride to and from work and a half hour on hold is a way to kill time I suppose). Apparently I have a DA assigned so that's something. Still no VIN assignment. She did give me the name and phone # of my DA though so at least I have someone local to harass :p

I called today just to check and see if I'd luck out with some news (I have a long ride to and from work and a half hour on hold is a way to kill time I suppose). Apparently I have a DA assigned so that's something. Still no VIN assignment. She did give me the name and phone # of my DA though so at least I have someone local to harass :p

I wonder if having a DA assigned but no VIN means that your configuration has entered production or if they just assign DAs to all orders shortly after they are placed?

When I called and was first informed I have a DA, I was told I was assigned a vin. I called the next day for a follow up question and was told I don’t have a vin. Soon after, my DA emailed me saying I had a vin and I was told sometimes it takes a bit for all their systems to sync up with the updated info.

When I called and was first informed I have a DA, I was told I was assigned a vin. I called the next day for a follow up question and was told I don’t have a vin. Soon after, my DA emailed me saying I had a vin and I was told sometimes it takes a bit for all their systems to sync up with the updated info.
Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise if I got a call in the next week

For the people who got a delivery scheduled, how long before they let you pay online? I e-signed the contract yesterday morning but the account page still has not progress to the pay step. It still said we are drafting your contract. My delivery is next Wednesday. I will need that signed contract for my loan too.

For the people who got a delivery scheduled, how long before they let you pay online? I e-signed the contract yesterday morning but the account page still has not progress to the pay step. It still said we are drafting your contract. My delivery is next Wednesday. I will need that signed contract for my loan too.

You need to pay by ACH, Wire or bring a check into Tesla when you take delivery. You won't progress to the payment step until you take delivery and then the payment and delivery steps will both be checked off at the same time. You should now have your MVPA available on your account page, that is what you need to get your loan.