Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to pay by ACH, Wire or bring a check into Tesla when you take delivery. You won't progress to the payment step until you take delivery and then the payment and delivery steps will both be checked off at the same time. You should now have your MVPA available on your account page, that is what you need to get your loan.

I was told that I should be able to do ACH on the Tesla account page before delivery. And my loan guy said I will the MVPA with both buyer and seller signatures and down payment paid. Oh well, I will wait until next Monday and see if there is any progress. If not, I will just email the existing unsigned MVPA to my loan guy.

I was told that I should be able to do ACH on the Tesla account page before delivery. And my loan guy said I will the MVPA with both buyer and seller signatures and down payment paid. Oh well, I will wait until next Monday and see if there is any progress. If not, I will just email the existing unsigned MVPA to my loan guy.

Oh you are right they should either email you a link or your account should allow ACH soon. I was thinking they had the ACH link in the MVPA but that is just a generic account link

Got my car today at the San Diego deliver center! Red, white interior, AWD, aeros, EAP.
The Bad:
I was scared that the paint would be bad because someone else with the same config and very close VIN had a bad a paint job on the bumper and sure enough my bumper had a two major paint defects. They acted surprised that it was not noticed before it got to me and I would have been surprised too if I hadn't been reading this forum. They offered to repaint it or give me a new VIN. There were a few other very minor problems with the paint (not worth worrying about), the charge port door isn't quite flush, but otherwise the car looked great so I decided to accept it. How does Tesla expect to make money if they're shipping out cars to delivery centers with obvious defects? Wouldn't it be 10x cheaper to fix this in the factory? I refuse to believe that no one noticed this before it got to the delivery center. Anyway they told me that would use a Tesla approved body shop to do the repairs. Both the Tesla approved body shops in San Diego do good work but are very expensive. I'm hoping that the delivery person is correct.
The Good:
The delivery experience was great. 10x faster than any car dealer. I was in and out in 20 minutes.
The white interior is really stunning. So far I love everything about the UI and interior. Everything is so intuitive. The rear seats are much improved over the first gen seats, at least for people shorter than me, my head hits the glass roof (6'3" long torso). The front seats seem very comfortable so far.
The car is plenty quick for any practical purpose. I need to take some measurements with my VBOX. The AWD really puts the power down when making tight turns. I'm a little worried that all the oil I'm not using to drive the car will instead be used to make tires for it.
Autopilot finished calibrating right when I got home (30 miles on the odometer) so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
IMG_2017.jpeg
IMG_2019.jpeg

Got my car today at the San Diego deliver center! Red, white interior, AWD, aeros, EAP.
The Bad:
I was scared that the paint would be bad because someone else with the same config and very close VIN had a bad a paint job on the bumper and sure enough my bumper had a two major paint defects. They acted surprised that it was not noticed before it got to me and I would have been surprised too if I hadn't been reading this forum. They offered to repaint it or give me a new VIN. There were a few other very minor problems with the paint (not worth worrying about), the charge port door isn't quite flush, but otherwise the car looked great so I decided to accept it. How does Tesla expect to make money if they're shipping out cars to delivery centers with obvious defects? Wouldn't it be 10x cheaper to fix this in the factory? I refuse to believe that no one noticed this before it got to the delivery center. Anyway they told me that would use a Tesla approved body shop to do the repairs. Both the Tesla approved body shops in San Diego do good work but are very expensive. I'm hoping that the delivery person is correct.
The Good:
The delivery experience was great. 10x faster than any car dealer. I was in and out in 20 minutes.
The white interior is really stunning. So far I love everything about the UI and interior. Everything is so intuitive. The rear seats are much improved over the first gen seats, at least for people shorter than me, my head hits the glass roof (6'3" long torso). The front seats seem very comfortable so far.
The car is plenty quick for any practical purpose. I need to take some measurements with my VBOX. The AWD really puts the power down when making tight turns. I'm a little worried that all the oil I'm not using to drive the car will instead be used to make tires for it.
Autopilot finished calibrating right when I got home (30 miles on the odometer) so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
View attachment 328675 View attachment 328676
Congrats! VBOX please!!

Interesting development today... When I switched order to white seats on (made request on July 28, took them until August 7 to make change), my estimated delivery window moved from Sept-Nov, to Oct-Dec.

But in looking at it TODAY, my estimated delivery window has moved back to Sept-Nov!!! A good sign for LR-AWD, white seats with 19" wheels movement???

Interesting development today... When I switched order to white seats on (made request on July 28, took them until August 7 to make change), my estimated delivery window moved from Sept-Nov, to Oct-Dec.

But in looking at it TODAY, my estimated delivery window has moved back to Sept-Nov!!! A good sign for LR-AWD, white seats with 19" wheels movement???
Unfortunately this is everyone for the most part.

They finally fixed a glitch. The glitch was when you edited your order it was assigning a new estimated delivery date based on the date of the edit. This has always been wrong it should be based on the original order date.

So people that thought they bumped themselves to oct-dec really did not.

Unfortunately I don't think it means anything. When you got moved to Oct-Dec , that was a website glitch that's just now being fixed. Tesla website is so buggy / in a constant state of flux I find is hard to really read into changes.

Oh look another thread I belong in.

Day 1 pre reveal reservation.
4/18 invite, 4/19 RWD AEP Blue configuration.
6/26 change to AWD
July something change to white interior
Also added FSD during the Q2 earnings call.
Edit bottom gone on 8/17 or 8/18.
Called on 8/23, still no VIN, DA assigned but out of office for the last few days so they couldn’t tell me much.

Reactions: tony b
I was the one who started this thread, and I agree with the lack of 19's with white interior.

Just to summarize again:

Reservation in store pre-reveal 3/31/16 12:30 CST
Ordered 5/31/18 AWD (Non-P) White ext/Black int 19's EAP
Changed within an hour of opening orders for white interior for AWD on 7/23/18 to:
White ext/White int 19's EAP and FSD
Still have edit button, no communication

Chicago north burbs

I was the one who started this thread, and I agree with the lack of 19's with white interior.

Just to summarize again:

Reservation in store pre-reveal 3/31/16 12:30 CST
Ordered 5/31/18 AWD (Non-P) White ext/Black int 19's EAP
Changed within an hour of opening orders for white interior for AWD on 7/23/18 to:
White ext/White int 19's EAP and FSD
Still have edit button, no communication

Chicago north burbs
Same config and location but blue... Nothing... Boredom...

I’ve been wavering on the white seats and just decided to make the switch. I was relieved to see it didn’t change my Sept-Nov. delivery estimate, or increase the price beyond the $1500 for the seats. I’d seen some reports that the destination fee might go up.

So, now I’m in line for AWD, Red, White interior, 19” wheels, EAP.
Reserved 4/21/17
Configured 6/27/18
Updated 8/26/18

After spending hours mauling this decision I finally decided to add white interior.

The things that pushed me over the edge were confirmation that my doc fee would not increase (this is accurate) and they fixed the glitch so my delivery window doesn't scare me by changing (this is also accurate, I changed and stayed sept-nov)

So now I am MSM + White interior! So excited!!! I have always clearly loved white from the early reveal days to the first time I seen it in other Tesla. I just talked myself out of it for different reasons. No more, I'm going in and getting what I want. White it is!

I don't think I mentioned in this thread...but last week I changed my black interior to white, and a couple days later (Friday) my edit button went away, notified by email to get ready for the car, and asking for loan/trade in details :D I'll be picking up in Cleveland, OH

Reactions: tony b