Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@zoiks66, Congrats! I just got my VIN today, also 97xxx. Just as I suspected earlier, our cars were produced in the same batch since our Edit button disappeared on the same day, and we got the delivery notification on the same day too for the exact same config.

Tesla also pushed my delivery earlier. I will pick it up next Wed (9/19) instead of Oct.1 as originally scheduled. Must have been on an express train. :)

I just received a VIN assignment of 97xxx. Same configuration and Sun 9/23 delivery. @Wineborg Inspect your paint carefully and let us know how it goes. I'm hoping for no paint defects!

Reactions: tony b
Talked to Tesla on the phone yesterday and was told that somehow I had been forgotten about and I should have had my car by now. One of my changes put me in limbo. Frustrating, because I called a few weeks ago to make sure everything was all set after my last change and I was told it all looked good. Anyway, he also said things have been appropriately escalated, and no promises but he wouldn’t be surprised if I had a car in a week. Highly doubt that, because I can still backdoor edit my car, but hopefully very soon.

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox and tony b
Just got an email from Tesla, someone in Fremont actually not from the DA in Portland (Musk switching things up I guess). Taking delivery on Thursday! Still don't have a VIN, and can still backdoor edit my car, but apparently that'll be changing momentarily! Can't wait.

Finally! Scheduled delivery of this Friday (9/21), VIN 966XX.

First contact by Tesla was yesterday email stating my car was ready for delivery on 9/8 (no not a typo). First option was delivery for 9/28 since I was already outside the initial 7-day period, but then they were able to bump it up a week. Here's to hoping that it is spotless seeing how it's been there for at least 10 days.

Based on my configuration switch on 9/5 and then this one being available 9/8, definitely not specifically made for my order from the production line, but in the end it fits.

Finally! Scheduled delivery of this Friday (9/21), VIN 966XX.

First contact by Tesla was yesterday email stating my car was ready for delivery on 9/8 (no not a typo). First option was delivery for 9/28 since I was already outside the initial 7-day period, but then they were able to bump it up a week. Here's to hoping that it is spotless seeing how it's been there for at least 10 days.

Based on my configuration switch on 9/5 and then this one being available 9/8, definitely not specifically made for my order from the production line, but in the end it fits.

Your date could have been a mistake as my email said I was picking up a Model S. I think Kansas City is doing it a little different to avoid having the 2 hour cancel that some locations have. They got a large shipment in over the weekend, inspected the cars and THEN scheduled delivery. I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning and they had available slots all week to pick from.

Reactions: 97Monty
Scheduled deliver for this Friday 9/21 a couple days ago. Still don't have a VIN though and can still backdoor edit my car! Anyone know any tricks for finding VIN, guessing I legitimately don't have one yet though or I wouldn't be able to edit, but I take delivery in 48 hours?!
Hope I don't get delayed. Anyone else in the same boat?

Edit: Called the service center and was able to speak to the delivery manager. I was told that it was highly unlikely that I would be taking delivery in 48 hours with no VIN - go figure. She’s making some calls to figure out what the heck is going on at Fremont that they assigned me a delivery date without assigning me a car! Consider me frustrated. Maybe there’s still hope and Fremont knows something the locals don’t...doubt it though.

Last edited:
I'm interested in hearing reports of paint quality on the latest batch of AWD - White Interior - Sport Wheels. The ones that have been delivered are mostly in the 970xx-981xx and 994xx-1012xx range. I'm especially interested in hearing reports of paint quality of cars in the ranges indicated.

I really hope everyone here receives their car with no paint issues.

My data points for Red w/ White Interior and Sport Wheels configuration are:
@zoiks66 (VIN 97xxx - delivered 9/12): No issues
A guy on Model 3 FB group (VIN 100xxx - delivered 9/18): Paint issues including bumps on front and back ends

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: qwertzy
Officially delayed for somewhere between “a few days and a few weeks.” Was offered my identical car with 19” wheels for an additional $1500 and I could keep my delivery date of tomorrow. They were unable to swap the wheels out which I find absurd. I declined. Let the waiting...continue!