Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-PUP Front Door Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without PUP, the driver's door does not auto-present when you approach the car. Is there any way to cause the door to present without pushing the driver's side door handle? Does a double-press of the key-fob center cause door opening, or does that just unlock the door(s)?

Auto Present is only available with Premium Upgrade Package.
Yes, but I'm explicitly not asking about Auto Present. I'm asking if there is a way to remotely trigger door presentation without PUP, or if you can only trigger the door presentation with the door handle or the center console.
I believe you can make the doors close with the FOB but not make the driver's door open with the FOB
Okay. There are lots of cars in the wild now without the PUP. Let's let someone who has one share their experience rather than speculate.

I do not have the PUP. To open the front driver and passenger door, I must press the door handle from the outside, or use the handle on the inside, or use the touchscreen. No other way to have the front door present itself; no functionality on the key to open the front doors afaik.

Related: If the doors are open, single pressing the top of the key will shut the driver and passenger front door and lock the car. Touching the brake pedal will shut the driver door but not the passenger door.

I do not have the PUP. To open the front driver and passenger door, I must press the door handle from the outside, or use the handle on the inside, or use the touchscreen. No other way to have the front door present itself; no functionality on the key to open the front doors afaik.

Related: If the doors are open, single pressing the top of the key will shut the driver and passenger front door and lock the car. Touching the brake pedal will shut the driver door but not the passenger door.

Thanks. That's what I thought too, but I saw a recent reference to opening the driver's door with the fob, and wanted some clarity. Too bad, as being able to double-click the fob and open the door would be pretty nice, and would still allow for the PUP purchasers to have the additional feature of it opening with no interaction at all.

Out of curiosity, if there are any owners with PUP here. Can you open the driver's door remotely using button presses on the fob? I've heard some PUP owners have disabled the auto presentation. When you do that, does your car then act identically to the non-PUP behavior above, or is there another option you have to open the door?

I have PUP and there's no way to open doors without auto present or pushing. Driver door auto closes when you walk away, no need to touch fob.

It seems like they can change all of this with software, if they want to.

I can't imagine they'd enable the auto open from FOB for non PUP. PUP buyers would certainly have an argument that they bought something that's now effectively available to everyone (but not completely since you need to click fob vs true auto present). I wouldn't care, but just saying...

The auto close for all doors is really useful and, as a bonus, looks really cool.