TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-responsive touch screen on wake

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by voidptr, Jan 27, 2017.

1. voidptr

voidptr Member

Anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it's time for a call to the service center again.

A few months ago, my S (2014, ~47,000 miles) started periodically not responding to touch on the center console immediately after getting in and turning the car on, but otherwise the screen displays normally. I've noticed this maybe once every week and a half or so. A center console reboot always fixes it.

I'm wondering if this is a sign of imminent hardware failure or just a recent bug.

2. elfredo

elfredo New Member

My 2015 p85d with 16k instrument cluster went blank for the first time last week. Service center (Charlotte) said it could be caused by running the car in power saving mode. Anyways, came back by doing the cluster reboot. This is done by holding the two buttons above the scrolls for 30 seconds. Hope it doesn't happen again!
    85d