Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-SpaceX Launch Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For many it might be obvious and for some who didn't take the time to click on the video, may be not.

The 2nd video of the crash of (a component of) a rocket is Chinese made and has no correlation to the Kiwi rocket in the first post.

Reactions: e-FTW
I noticed that too. And the frequent switch to animation away from live shots just a minute after launch even before the side boosters separated was kind of odd. Fairings separation was shown as animation although few seconds later they showed live pictures of fairing floating away and falling down.

I am hopeful and waiting for the landing of the first stage. That should be a treat to watch.

Reactions: Grendal
Ten seconds from the countdown timer hitting zero to actual liftoff... just a different way of doing things, I guess.

Vulcain needs 7 seconds run up after ignition to be green for launch, then the solids ignite. Its basically Ariane's version of a static fire.

And the frequent switch to animation away from live shots just a minute after launch even before the side boosters separated was kind of odd. Fairings separation was shown as animation although few seconds later they showed live pictures of fairing floating away and falling down.

Cloud cover means you can only get a few seconds of the actual live launch.

The fairing footage, obviously, is on-board the vehicle and way above the clouds.

Reactions: Grendal
I am hopeful and waiting for the landing of the first stage. That should be a treat to watch.

Ariane has a new rocket coming out, the Ariane 6, that is in response to SpaceX's low prices. There was a brief time a while ago that ArianeSpace considered some sort of partial recovery with the engine (similar to Vulcan) and then they've played with reusability with Callisto. I wouldn't expect to see anything done with reusability except for SpaceX before 2025 except for, maybe, China.

France, Germany studying reusability with a subscale flyback booster - SpaceNews.com

The Parker Solar Probe will be launched by a ULA Delta IV tonight. It was scrubbed last night. The Delta IV is a pretty cool rocket for a standard throwaway. Liftoff of the Delta IV Heavy rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida is scheduled for 3:33 a.m. EDT (0733 UTC).

A discussion on Facebook ran the math and FH could pull off the PSP if it was even eligible to do so.