Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(non)Spare parts

E-Ryc

Jun 6, 2018
Prague, CZ (EU)
Hi all,
I just want to share my frustration, there is nothing any of us can do.
I lost the piece of rubber which covers parking sensor in wheel arch. I went to Tesla to order one and the outcome is it's not possible. It doesn't exist as spare part, the only way is to order the complete wheel arch. What's wrong with having a part which is not even fixed to the car and holds in place basically by friction (groove). Let's continue pretending being "eco" and not wasting resources! No thanks, I'm going to solve using duct tape... The bitter after-taste stays...

zanary

Jan 25, 2017
SF Bay Area (East Bay), CA
Looks like they are correct. When checking the parts catalog, they don't show a part number for that rubber piece. Looks to be part of the entire assembly.
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.19.49 AM.png

aerodyne

Nose cone car - to be replaced 3-10 / 4-07?
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
May I suggest Gorrilla brand tape while you are looking for a used arch or the specific missing part...

FWIW, I lost the gasket on my charge port. Tesla would not replace this minor part, but insisted on replacing the whole charge port door. It was done under warranty.

As frustrating as these things are, keep in mind that many parts, like brake pads, rarely need replacement. The Tesla has a lot less waste due to replacement parts than an ICE car...

aerodyne

Nose cone car - to be replaced 3-10 / 4-07?
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
I think that would be not as productive as showing up at the next shareholder meeting....and making your voice heard in a positive way.

Uncle Paul

Nov 1, 2013
Canyon Lake,CA
Almost all manufacturers sell replacement parts in modules.

As per your example, you can only buy a complete valve stem. Are not able to just buy the case, the spring, the gasket, the little valve, even the cap....gotta by the whole valve. You can, however, purchase the cap separately, but only aftermarket.

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC