Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(non)Spare parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I just want to share my frustration, there is nothing any of us can do.
I lost the piece of rubber which covers parking sensor in wheel arch. I went to Tesla to order one and the outcome is it's not possible. It doesn't exist as spare part, the only way is to order the complete wheel arch. What's wrong with having a part which is not even fixed to the car and holds in place basically by friction (groove). Let's continue pretending being "eco" and not wasting resources! No thanks, I'm going to solve using duct tape... The bitter after-taste stays...

Looks like they are correct. When checking the parts catalog, they don't show a part number for that rubber piece. Looks to be part of the entire assembly.
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.19.49 AM.png

May I suggest Gorrilla brand tape while you are looking for a used arch or the specific missing part...

FWIW, I lost the gasket on my charge port. Tesla would not replace this minor part, but insisted on replacing the whole charge port door. It was done under warranty.

As frustrating as these things are, keep in mind that many parts, like brake pads, rarely need replacement. The Tesla has a lot less waste due to replacement parts than an ICE car...

Almost all manufacturers sell replacement parts in modules.

As per your example, you can only buy a complete valve stem. Are not able to just buy the case, the spring, the gasket, the little valve, even the cap....gotta by the whole valve. You can, however, purchase the cap separately, but only aftermarket.

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne