Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Supercharger charging - Arcadia, CA - Westfield Santa Anita

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found early stage construction of a possible V3 Supercharger at Westfield, Santa Anita in Arcadia. I counted out what looks to be the groundwork for 16 stalls.

400 S Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007

IMG_1394.jpgIMG_1402.jpgIMG_1408.jpgIMG_1406.jpgIMG_1391.jpgIMG_1407.jpgSantaAnitaSC.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Good find! I hope it is, in fact, Tesla. Any I210 coverage is a welcome thing.

EDIT: I wonder if it will be 72kW Urban style. The conduit layout appears to have 8 cabinets with a power conduit to each and 2 power + 2 comms conduits from each to the charging post locations...unless I'm misinterpreting things. @mociaf9 @miimura what do you think?

Either way, a welcome addition.

EDIT 2: there are two larger conduits and two smaller conduits seemingly going to each charger post location. Either they will have 2 posts stacked, or maybe it's not Tesla, or maybe something else?

Last edited:
Found early stage construction of a possible V3 Supercharger at Westfield, Santa Anita in Arcadia. I counted out what looks to be the groundwork for 16 stalls.

400 S Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007
Unfortunately, not a supercharger. I thought maybe Electrify America, but it's not on their map of future locations, which I've found to be pretty good about showing their plans accurately in the past.

Reactions: TerranApart
Unfortunately, not a supercharger. I thought maybe Electrify America, but it's not on their map of future locations, which I've found to be pretty good about showing their plans accurately in the past.
Agree. This is not a conduit layout consistent with Superchargers. It's either EA or some other DCFC installation that serves two stalls with each cabinet. The pedestal layout is consistent with typical EA layout though.

"Coming Soon" for EA is not as indicative as it used to be. I found an EA installation at the Mountain View Walmart (across El Camino from the Los Altos Whole Foods that hosts Urban Superchargers and EVgo) two or three months ago and it never showed up as Coming Soon, it just opened.