TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Non-Tesla Moments

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mspohr, May 24, 2015.

1. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Well it finally happened today. I flew back to see some family and rented a car. An ice car of course. I stopped at the grocery store to get some provisions. When I returned to the car there was a group of people standing around it. They said they were worried about the car. I had left the car running and the windows open and the radio on. I'm so used to just getting out of the car and walking away and having it shut itself down and lock up that I didn't even bother to take out the keys and turn it off.
    Lesson learned (I hope).

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Your family at least lives in an honest area. The car was there running, unlocked, windows down, radio on when you got back out there! Glad it ended well.

3. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Yeah good luck with that!!! :)

4. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Back to life, back to reality...like in the song.

5. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Midwest, I would guess. In small-town Nebraska (ok, they are all small towns there) it is not uncommon for people to leave car doors unlocked with keys inside, "in case someone needs to use it".

6. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

this is small town Lititz Pennsylvania. I believe it was once voted the nicest small town in America. A very nice friendly place