Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Tesla / non-EVgo station with built in Tesla CCS adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just not familiar with 50kw CCS units as the only ones I have seen are at least 150kw with a Chademo cord on the same unit however only rated at 50kw in my neck of the woods.
Those would probably be ElectrifyAmerica units. Almost all other dual-protocol units do not "handicap" the CHAdeMO side with slower charge rates (I can't say they strictly conform to the standard though). Plus, it's not like there are CHAdeMO cars that charge at more than 50kW anyway.

I don’t see the issues that you cited. I’ve seen people coal-rolling regardless of the type of car I’m driving but have not run into anyone driving offensively towards me or cars blocking charging spots. Many people, and especially in small rural towns, come up to me and ask me about driving an EV.
I was rolled a couple years ago here in central NJ. Didn't catch the license plate so don't know if he was a local.

Not in my Tesla

Riding my bicycle

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Those would probably be ElectrifyAmerica units. Almost all other dual-protocol units do not "handicap" the CHAdeMO side with slower charge rates (I can't say they strictly conform to the standard though). Plus, it's not like there are CHAdeMO cars that charge at more than 50kW anyway.

I believe entire EVCS network is 50kw units. Some are only 1 unit per site. Easier on electrical infrastructure as most of these are off the beaten path.

Reactions: RTPEV
Plus, it's not like there are CHAdeMO cars that charge at more than 50kW anyway.

Leaf E+ (the 62kWh version) can do 100kW CHAdeMO.

Then again the 2020 and newer does seem to imply you need to have CCS enabled

CCS adapter is also cheaper and smaller than the CHAdeMO adapter.

Those stalls are Tritium RT50 and max at 50kW.
Other Tritium units that have a bigger screen can go quicker.

On a quicker stall it would make more sense to use the CCS adapter than a CHAdeMO adapter.

Or of course Tesla could license a genuine TPC handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTPEV