Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Tesla TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a note for anyone with a 2021 3 stumbling across this thread. Tsportline has an advisory on their wheel sales pages..."Tesla has updated 2021 Model 3's to their proprietary Bluetooth Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors." This means you really gotta buy direct from Tesla or wait for an aftermarket equivalent.

Sorry, I can’t recall off hand, and I don’t have the invoice any longer. It was last winter.
I don’t recall them being very expensive though.

the charged me 45$ a piece for my other car. Funnily enough, they couldn’t program them to work with my older honda. Had to take it to Discount Tire.

If you take your own TPMS to costco, they might say they’ll do it this time but you really got to buy it from them.

I believe that for a 3, it isn't >really< the tpms sensor doing the programming, but rather the car itself recognizing the new sensors, whatever their codes may be. Its certainly easier if the TPMS sensors are programmable(cloned) from your originals, but its not necessary.

These are from the same company I got mine from in 2018...TPMS Tire Sensors & Black Valve Stems For Tesla Model 3 HUF RDE051V21 (4) pcs | eBay

There was no programming at all needed.

The ITM tpms's appear cheaper and just as functional, so I'd get them were I doing it today.

I believe that for a 3, it isn't >really< the tpms sensor doing the programming, but rather the car itself recognizing the new sensors, whatever their codes may be. Its certainly easier if the TPMS sensors are programmable(cloned) from your originals, but its not necessary.

These are from the same company I got mine from in 2018...TPMS Tire Sensors & Black Valve Stems For Tesla Model 3 HUF RDE051V21 (4) pcs | eBay

There was no programming at all needed.

The ITM tpms's appear cheaper and just as functional, so I'd get them were I doing it today.
I figured someone would catch me out; I really meant that the ITM's are pre-programmed to be recognized...