Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Wireless Phone Charging Cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled to pick up my Model Y on 7 August at Charlotte.

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL. Does not wireless charge. Wife has a Google Pixel 4 XL that does do wireless charging.

Does the Model Y come with a wired Type C charging cable?

If not, any recommendations?

Assume I need a Type C to Type C. What length is best?

So, I got my Model Y yesterday. Love it.

So, the old Model 3 allowed you to have a short 1 foot cable with 90 degree USB-C end. It has a routing place in the plastic. The connector would sit at the bottom and allow you to plug in your phone. Does the Model Y have that still? Can I have a charging cable on one side and wireless on the other side? Understand that the charging plate would use the USB-C connected. The phone cable would have to use the USB-A or I need to get a hub to do the sentry USB.

So, I got my Model Y yesterday. Love it.

So, the old Model 3 allowed you to have a short 1 foot cable with 90 degree USB-C end. It has a routing place in the plastic. The connector would sit at the bottom and allow you to plug in your phone. Does the Model Y have that still? Can I have a charging cable on one side and wireless on the other side? Understand that the charging plate would use the USB-C connected. The phone cable would have to use the USB-A or I need to get a hub to do the sentry USB.

This might be an option for you:

Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Spacer for Wired Charging

Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

I ordered the Version 3 Jeda Wireless Charging Pad and it came with the spacer that accomodates are hardwired charging cable. If you want to keep the stock Tesla charging pad for wireless charging, you could buy the Jeda Spacer and then install the 90 degree charging cable.

Reactions: DavidAsheville
This might be an option for you:

Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Spacer for Wired Charging

Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

I ordered the Version 3 Jeda Wireless Charging Pad and it came with the spacer that accomodates are hardwired charging cable. If you want to keep the stock Tesla charging pad for wireless charging, you could buy the Jeda Spacer and then install the 90 degree charging cable.

Thank You so much. Did not know about that Jeda part. Ordered it and will give it a try. Should do exactly what I want. One wired and one wireless.

Reactions: Raiders
FWIW - I’m going to disconnect the wireless charging pad, and place a USB-C hub on that. USB-A port in the console for now is handling sentry USB drive, but I can move that to the hub later. If for some reason I run out of ports - I can slap a hub on the USB-A port.

In the meantime, I’m going after immediate things. After a week and a half, time to solve how to charge my wife and my phone.