TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nonsense from John Petersen

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by JRP3, Mar 3, 2013.

1. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

2. kvietor

kvietor Model S S280 VIN 168

I read through the article and then saw the statement by Seeking Alpha that Peterson gets paid $0.01 per page view. Damn, I just made him a penny richer. Must remember to avoid his posts in the future.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#3 NigelM, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    So what? This just shows JP's ignorance right from the start. How often in the history of spaceflight has everything gone flawlessly?

J.P. Morgan probably takes exception to JP's comment.

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see this. Tesla hasn't reported a profit yet so an auditors warning would be normal.

It doesn't seem to have occurred to JP that Tesla has been ramping up production, therefore the flow of parts has increased, and therefore there are many more supplier transactions. It would have been very strange if this figure hadn't increased dramatically.

Ummm JP, that's less than one week of production. Actually amazing that Tesla holds so little finished production.

Wow. That's keeping inventories tight for complex manufacturing. Good job Tesla.

You think that Tesla went out and asked existing reservations holders for more deposits?!? JP, what are you smoking? This must the stupidest comment of the entire piece.....

Completely, factually wrong assumption. BTW, JP also seems to have ignored Model X deposits in his calculations.

Maybe JP should have at least read Maxim Groups post earnings comment:

I'm going to skip to the end because so much of the article is plain nonsense:

Deposits aren't reflected on any income statement, whether GAAP or non-GAAP. How can we trust that JP wants a reasonable discussion on Tesla cash flow as long as his basic assumptions are nonsense.

4. kvietor

Nice rebuttal, Nigel. In the future, I'll wait for your responses and thus avoid feeding JP's penny jar.:biggrin:

5. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Not to mention all WA deposits are in escrow so Tesla can't count them at all.

6. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

This doesn't surprise me. As someone who is in the biz, I can unequivocally say that JP doesn't understand debits and credits, financial statements, nor the different types of audit opinions. He will not earn his penny off of me. I stopped reading his slop a long time ago.

7. kvietor

On the contrary, I think he understand quite well, but his aversion to EVs and particularly Tesla Motors leads him to distort the truth.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

John P doesn't care if what he writes is factual or not. He cares about the page views and comments, because that puts money in his pocket. Any negative article about Tesla has proven to generate a lot of traffic, so why should he stop with the fud? It works every time.

Eventually he will go away, because all his predictions will be proven to be nonsense. In the meantime, I'm refusing to knowingly follow any link that lands me on an article he wrote.

9. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I don't mind handing him the 1 cents for the entertainment value he has provided. I like the thread title change :biggrin:

10. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

11. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I'm not that organized, or obsessed, really :wink: Plus since I'm banned from commenting on his articles any longer I can't do much with the data.

12. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

you were banned? what the CENSORSHIP.

13. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

JP put in his 2 cents.

I won't give a penny for his thoughts.

And he gives investment advice?

14. Oyvind.H

Oyvind.H Member

I`ll add one JP prediction:
    In Q3/early Q4 2012 in a reply to one of my comments he stated that reservations would be a puddle drying in the sun, and that Tesla would quickly run out of customers in 2013 (he took the +/- 15.000 reservation base and predicted when Tesla would have no more orders left.)

The reason he made that comment whas because I provided factual numbers combined with predictions made on the basis of the reservation pace. Clearly the current Model S reservation pace proves him wrong (about 50-55 per day world wide). But I would personally like to see Model S reservation pace climb back up to 80-90 a day within the next few months.

15. RoyP

RoyP Member

Nt 10-K, NOTIFICATION OF LATE FILING

John P is running out of bullets.

From the SEC website.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000119312513088624/d452995dnt10k.htm
    --
    PART III — NARRATIVE

State below in reasonable detail why Forms 10-K, 20-F, 11-K, 10-Q, 10-D, N-SAR, N-CSR, or the transition report or portion thereof, could not be filed within the prescribed time period.

Tesla Motors, Inc. was unable to timely file its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 because a probable error in the presentation of certain non-cash items relating to capital expenditures on its consolidated statements of cash flows was identified during the final review of the Form 10-K. As a result, Tesla could not complete its financial closing process prior to March 1, 2013.

It is important to note that this will have no impact on previously reported total cash and cash equivalents, consolidated income statements, consolidated balance sheets, or free cash flows (defined as cash flow from operations less capital expenditures), including those reported in our earnings release on February 20, 2013.

Tesla believes that some unpaid capital expenditures in 2011 and 2012 would be more accurately classified as operating activities, rather than investing activities. Although the review is continuing, the consolidated statements of cash flows will likely be revised for the year ended December 31, 2011 by reducing cash flows used in investing activities with a corresponding increase in cash flows used in operating activities. A similar adjustment will be made to the statement of cash flows for the year ended December 31, 2012. These adjustments affect the quarters and full years ended December 31, 2012 and 2011, and could include a reclassification of approximately $31 million and $15 million from cash flows used in investing activities to cash flows used in operating activities for the years ended December 31, 2012 and 2011, respectively.

Tesla currently anticipates that the Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 will be filed as soon as practicable and no later than Monday, March 11, 2013.

16. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

It sounds like quibbling over a minor point. Is there any significance in the different classifications?

17. Zzzz...

Zzzz... Member

I remember JP predicted doom based on the fact that TM delivers Signatures first, and in his opinion TM will run out of cash becouse each signature deposit was 40k. What actually happened - now TM have more money in deposits thanx to strong sales because of different COtY etc...

Before that JP predicted that when TM will raise money, they would have to sell shares for ridiculously cheap price, something like half the company for couple hundred millions. In reality secondary offering was just 1% discounted from previous market closing price...

18. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

JP has to try to get page views because his other investing activities haven't paid off lately. He's even had to ignominiously move out of his "Castle in Switzerland" thereby nullifying all previous contentions of his superior investment capability witness-able by his regal living conditions. Now he's flailing to try and salvage what's left of his lifestyle.

19. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I'm sure that he would say that he had sold his Swiss real estate holdings at a handsome profit because he had decided to live {choose:} closer to the ocean, closer to family, closer to Axion HQ, etc.