Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob question on Opticoat , XPel ultimate and "Nanolex?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MsSnow, I've ordered the Glare Professional Polish kit. It was about $85. I'm pretty diligent in taking care of my car - wax it at least monthly - so I'm opting for something that I can do myself and keep gorgeous.

I still wish there was a front bra/mask for the 1-2 weeks of lovebug season we get down here. I know the bra doesn't look good, but for only those couple of weeks, it just makes sense.

Great, I've never tried the kit just the polish so please let me know how you like it. BTW, most people recommend using an orbital buffer for the job but I did mine all by hand and it came out good.

Mike

I've kept my cars waxed all my life, but maybe film is a better way.

The only unknown is which film gives a deeper gloss for black paint? Not a cheap Hyundai shine, but a rich deep shine.

There were some photos here of an MS that was just polished so beautifully. That's what I want mine to look like.

I've kept my cars waxed all my life, but maybe film is a better way.

The only unknown is which film gives a deeper gloss for black paint? Not a cheap Hyundai shine, but a rich deep shine.

There were some photos here of an MS that was just polished so beautifully. That's what I want mine to look like.

Edmond, from what I understand and have read, the films do NOT give that deep glossy look - like a rich wax can provide. That is one more reason I'm opting NOT to get a film. I think I have ruled out the opti-coat too just simply because I am the DIY type that will WANT to wash my car and baby it!

Edmond, from what I understand and have read, the films do NOT give that deep glossy look - like a rich wax can provide. That is one more reason I'm opting NOT to get a film. I think I have ruled out the opti-coat too just simply because I am the DIY type that will WANT to wash my car and baby it!
The Opti-Coat Pro really helps with keeping the car clean and ease of washing. I wash my car myself and have never gone to a automatic car wash. I have had my S almost 3 years and when parked next to another car the same color still looks new and not dull or faded, and have never had to wax it. The is the first car I have owned where I had a paint protection done, so was never a fan but now that I had it done it will also be applied to my Model X.

Reactions: vtvox