Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob question regarding finding songs through voice command

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don't listen to too much music in the car and mostly stick to am radio streamed through my iPhone. This weekend, I tried to search for a song using voice command ("play Despacito by Luis Fonsi"). Tesla found the song, played it, all good. Problem is, it wouldn't do it again. When I tried playing the same song again, it pulls up "Luis Fonsi Radio Channel", whatever that means, and offers this artist's other songs and songs by similar artists, but not the song I requested. Streaming service does this with every other song and artist I've tried. It creates these "XXX Radio Channels" and just would not play a specific song. Does this make sense? What am I doing wrong? TIA.

You're not doing anything wrong, but I've found over the last 4+ years this waffles from working great to not at all. Sometimes from day to day the "asking for a specific song" goes from working to only playing songs similar to what I ask. Try rebooting both screens (a couple times).

If you want to play the same song over and over, you may need to change to a different "station" and then back again to your song.

Reactions: rjdoc74
Any one knows why I can't use the back button on the left side of a steering wheel. I can skip a song forward, but I can never go back to previous songs played. That's the same case with podcast and streaming. I can however go back when I'm on FM radio.

Reactions: dragonxt
Make sure you use the song's title FIRST, then the artist. I have found that if you use the artist first, the Tesla searches on the artist name, and may play any song by the artist as the primary search. So always request the song title by artist so and so. Hope that helps.

Any one knows why I can't use the back button on the left side of a steering wheel. I can skip a song forward, but I can never go back to previous songs played. That's the same case with podcast and streaming. I can however go back when I'm on FM radio.
I believe this has to do with the limited fee Slacker account Tesla uses. If you have a premium account, you can back up and replay songs etc.

Reactions: Algbc and dragonxt