Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nooo! Need to make a claim for accident damage. Tesla Body shop or Churchill's own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only a week old and front bumper pretty badly scuffed/gouged, fog light pushed in behind the panel, headlight damaged and bonnet gap to front panel looks expanded. I clicked to use their repairs on the basis they probably can't do it and would send to Tesla but wondering if that was a mistake, does anyone have any experience.

damage to my car2.jpg

Only a week old and front bumper pretty badly scuffed/gouged, fog light pushed in behind the panel, headlight damaged and bonnet gap to front panel looks expanded. I clicked to use their repairs on the basis they probably can't do it and would send to Tesla but wondering if that was a mistake, does anyone have any experience.

View attachment 644640

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time ...

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
Tesla service won’t handle this. You can ask your insurer to use a Tesla Approved bodyshop to maintain the warranty. There should be a list (to search closest to home) and then suggest the body shop name to your insurer.

Having seen the aforementioned thread I was very happy I used an approved body shop in Swindon. I hit a deer on the motorway and had a lot more damage to the car than you have. They kept the battery topped up, and gave me a nice 80% charge when I picked up the car. The big thing is the approved shop has access to the Tesla software tools so if anything needs coding or some errors need clearing they can sort it out. From what I gather my car had some software gremlins that they had to work with Tesla on. I would be a bit worried had that been a normal shop with no access at all. It's the same with any upmarket car, you want the shop to have access to all the right tools and have the right knowledge. You can find the approved shops on Tesla's web site: Body Shop Support

Oh and don't let your insurers scare you about warranty of the work and all that nonsense. No one I know who has a preferred shop has regretted it. On the other hand, I've heard bad stories here and there from the insurer's 'preferred' shop.

Not all body shops seem to understand Tesla's as well as others. I would check here before sending my car off to get fixed.
Yes, apparently Veetec, Hayes are on the approved list but they may want to use someone closer if they believe they are trained on Tesla.

There was another thread earlier about someone who had a horrendous time with a repair.
I remember that thread although I didn't read it, I only search for Churchill insurance
HR Owen Bodytechnics in Slough are Tesla-approved
That is the closest one but are not on Churchill's approved list but I could push for that if they don't come up with something better.

Sorry to hear about your damage.

I had to have a repair (bodywork and rear light - no I hadn’t reversed into a deer) on mine last November and the insurance company asked me to use Balgores in Romford as they have a very close relationship with Tesla - so, from Direct Lines POV, could get parts quicker. I wasn’t keen due to the distance from home (and their google reviews) but they collected and dropped off using a low loader and so no extra miles on the car.

They did a perfect job (to my untrained eyes) in a few days and the car was very nicely valeted before they brought it back.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
I suspect you could find a good independent body shop wo could fix that for less than your excess.

As far as I understand, fog lights are clipped in, so unless it or the clips are damaged, it should hopefully be an easy fix to reinstate.
Exactly correct, my M3 had a tangle with a fox on the M25 and one of my fog lights took the brunt of it. I took the bumper off myself (no easy task with the car on the drive) and found it had just become unclipped - simple to sort... once I had access!

@kriscii: I see you're in Bucks, if you're close to MK I can recommend Frosts Accident Repairs - they repaired the same corner of my car and I've no complaints! Plus they're Tesla approved.

Exactly correct, my M3 had a tangle with a fox on the M25 and one of my fog lights took the brunt of it. I took the bumper off myself (no easy task with the car on the drive) and found it had just become unclipped - simple to sort... once I had access!

@kriscii: I see you're in Bucks, if you're close to MK I can recommend Frosts Accident Repairs - they repaired the same corner of my car and I've no complaints! Plus they're Tesla approved.
I have to say my enthusiasm days of taking cars apart have passed, although it was quite exciting today to replace the handle on the double glazing that had started sheering. o_O I've also got to mount 2 new screens for my PC tomorrow it definitely seems like enough labour for this month.

Thanks for the recommendation of Frosts.