Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nooooooooo!!! *Fender Bender*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested to hear about the repair technique. Was it glue on hook and pull out? Or an arbour/ dolly from the inside? If the bra had to come off, I'm guessing it was a pull.
Also was the pannel heated to stop the paint cracking?. It certainly looks like the clear bra did it's job and saved the day

Interested to hear about the repair technique. Was it glue on hook and pull out? Or an arbour/ dolly from the inside? If the bra had to come off, I'm guessing it was a pull.
Also was the pannel heated to stop the paint cracking?. It certainly looks like the clear bra did it's job and saved the day

The clear bra was scuffed so needed to be replaced, also he wanted to buff the spot after fixing it. The went in front behind the fender and push the dent out.

Reactions: Drewflux
Makes you wonder how much unnecessary panel replacement at huge cost is going on!! Crash repairers used to be called panel beaters. I don’t think most of them know what the basic tools were for beating.
Bit like the trade of boiler making (welding). Most if not all, have never made a boiler.

Reactions: brkaus
Makes you wonder how much unnecessary panel replacement at huge cost is going on!!

We had small dents in the driver's side doors (side swiped by a Range Rover at slow speed). Bodyshop said they would replace both doors because "pulling" the dent, on Aluminium, weakened the door. No idea if that is a good assessment, but presumably insurance company would argue-the-toss if they didn't agree?

Car has come back with badly fitted doors, significant wind noise at 40 MPH, ear's ringing after a long journey, have to turn the radio up (yeah and bodyshop were clearly quite happy with that on their test drive, and the delivery driver on his 2 hours journey to return it <sigh>) and a one month wait until they can take the car back to sort it out (WFT? :( ) ...

... so would have suited me better to have the dents "pulled"