TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

NoPo batt

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EV_de, Mar 30, 2012.

1. EV_de

EV_de Model SP10/XP9 EU ZOE#47

#1 EV_de, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    NoPoPO - The Battery that Runs on Water

http://waterbattery.com/
    http://www.japantrendshop.com/nopopo-eco-waterpowered-aa-batteries-p-546.html

2. Hells

Hells Member

Why link to clear-cut fraud?

3. EV_de

Is it a fraud ?

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Regardless of whether it's a fraud, getting only 5 refills doesn't make this battery suitable for automotive use.

5. EV_de

^^ sure , but you may use it in a case of emergency ... peee in it and got some extra miles ...:redface:

6. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

If the No Pollution Power battery works, could be scaled up and connects to the vehicle I would keep one in the frunk.

7. daniel

daniel Active Member

Conservation of energy still holds. The only way to get energy out of a battery is to put energy into it.

In a manner of speaking, lead acid batteries work on water. You still have to put energy in to get energy out, but you also put water in to replenish the electrolyte.

My Roadster runs on water power. Rain falls in the mountains, runs downhill to the Columbia. Dams use the water and gravity to make electricity. Wires bring it to my house, and I put it in my car. As long as that big thermonuclear power plant in the sky keeps shining, and we don't screw up the climate enough to stop it from raining in the Pacific Northwest, I'll have water power for my car. Thermonuclear power to drive the rain cycle is the key.

8. EV_de

9. daniel

daniel Active Member

Fair enough. But in that case, it's useless for EVs. Are you really going to carry fifty kilos of extra battery weight plus a few gallons of water, just for those rare times when you are foolish enough to run out of juice?

This technology would be useful only in very high-value applications where power is critical and you anticipate running out occasionally. With a car, all you have to do is plan your routes. And with only five uses, this battery will be far too expensive for more than extremely rare use.

You still have to recharge this battery between uses, so why not just have a bigger pack in the car to begin with and save some range as a buffer? In fact, that's what the Roadster does if you operate it in Standard mode.

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Nice way to distill hydroelectricity.

I will use this...

11. Hells

Hells Member