Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a part number? Mine says "M3 FRONT T BADGE, EF" with part number 1098489-90-E. It's hard to tell, but I think I see a slight curve towards the tip of the T.

Thanks Ken! That is very helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have the part number. The badge came in a small plastic baggie, but the tech didn't leave it. That makes perfect sense that the tip is slightly curved. That would make it fit much better.

I made a tinting reservation a couple of weeks ago with Alex and arrived at the Los Gatos location this morning only to be turned away. I was told that there were too many cars for the day, then later I was told that Alex was coming and I should wait a few minutes, then I was told that the tinting guys was out sick. I'm not sure what to think, but I was not happy to drive all the way there just to be turned away.

I made a tinting reservation a couple of weeks ago with Alex and arrived at the Los Gatos location this morning only to be turned away. I was told that there were too many cars for the day, then later I was told that Alex was coming and I should wait a few minutes, then I was told that the tinting guys was out sick. I'm not sure what to think, but I was not happy to drive all the way there just to be turned away.

I tried scheduling by calling a few times and have also left voicemail, no response. They must be really swamped.

I tried scheduling by calling a few times and have also left voicemail, no response. They must be really swamped.

I texted Alex and he called me back pretty quickly. He said he's out of town and flying back tonight, so that's probably why you're not getting a timely response.

His tint guy was out unexpectedly so he'll be rescheduling my tint appointment. I understand that things happen and it was unfortunate that other people likely didn't know who was scheduled and so didn't make any cancellation phone calls. Overall, I'm okay and still willing to give them a chance...

Did anyone tinted the windshield with Alex? Please chime in on the work done and does the tint guy acknowledge to avoid liquid to the A-pillar.

I’m still debating to tint the windshield(block UR and heat of course), but looking at the Prime XR Plus film lightest is at 70%, not sure if it’s going to be too dark, I would prefer 90%.

Alex was extremely responsive with me. I reached out to him on Yelp and had a reply within minutes and follow-up questions were just as quickly answered.

Not only was he responsive, but he was able to get me scheduled for a full body wrap, chrome delete, tint, ceramic coating, and powder coat for the wheels the following week! Other shops we're quoting a 5 month delay.

He has my car right now and I'm super excited to see how it looks after everything is done.

I know he was on vacation last Sunday and Monday, so I'm sure that's why he wasn't able to get back.

Did anyone tinted the windshield with Alex? Please chime in on the work done and does the tint guy acknowledge to avoid liquid to the A-pillar.

I’m still debating to tint the windshield(block UR and heat of course), but looking at the Prime XR Plus film lightest is at 70%, not sure if it’s going to be too dark, I would prefer 90%.

I got 70% on the windshield and it had some bubbles when I picked up and all gone on next day after a day under the sun. I raise the A pillow moisture issue to Alex and he told me they are dealing that on daily basis and my model 3 works as promised.

I helped organize the SoCal group buy and wanted to mentioned that I vetted out 5 different vendors and actually physically saw their locations to see if they were able to accommodate the uptick and most couldn’t.

The one I ended up going with was one who had the space.

Setting up something like this and not be able to support appointments makes it a deal breaker especially when you have to wait 60+ days of your car exposed to the elements and road debris.

I got 70% on the windshield and it had some bubbles when I picked up and all gone on next day after a day under the sun. I raise the A pillow moisture issue to Alex and he told me they are dealing that on daily basis and my model 3 works as promised.

Thanks for the info, this gives confidence to whom looking for windshield tinting.

What do you think about the 70% tint grade?

Will you be the number 19th or 20th of the group buy participant?

I’m not sure. I was going to add myself to the spreadsheet after I got it back.

I pick up my car either Saturday or Tuesday depending on how early the powder coat place gets me in. I’ll ask Alex when I pick up.

Btw: I’m not sure when you picked up your car, but I think I saw it when I dropped off mine at around noon (he had 2 grey stealth there when I dropped off and they both looked AMAZING).

Mine was the blue/white P3D+.

I dropped mine off at the Los Gatos location this morning.
There were 5 other Model 3's in their shop today, one of 'em had the Stealth film & chrome delete ... truly fantastic looking, and the workmanship appeared to be excellent.
Gah! I can't believe that I now have to live without my car for ~1week ;)
-Mark