Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please tell me that’s mine! Blue P3D+ with stealth film and chrome delete.
Does yours have a white interior? If so that's the one... and it looks fantastic! I also liked the dark window tint (35%?) with the light interior.
After seeing the matte Stealth finish I did, for just a moment, consider switching :rolleyes: but I also think that my P3D+ looks great in super-glossy Midnight Silver Metallic and polished aluminum accents. I went with 35% tint on the back windows and 50% on the front.

I dropped mine off at the Los Gatos location this morning.
There were 5 other Model 3's in their shop today, one of 'em had the Stealth film & chrome delete ... truly fantastic looking, and the workmanship appeared to be excellent.
Gah! I can't believe that I now have to live without my car for ~1week ;)
-Mark

I torture for a week of waiting time and I like it much for the result. Worth the wait.

Does yours have a white interior? If so that's the one... and it looks fantastic! I also liked the dark window tint (35%?) with the light interior.
After seeing the matte Stealth finish I did, for just a moment, consider switching :rolleyes: but I also think that my P3D+ looks great in super-glossy Midnight Silver Metallic and polished aluminum accents. I went with 35% tint on the back windows and 50% on the front.

Yes!!!

I did 50% tint all the way around (not windshield) since I’m not a fan of super dark tint and hoped the white interior would help make it look lighter. Alex talked me out of 70 front and 50 back. Stealth wrap, black matte chrome delete, black satin powder coat on the rims, and ceramic coating.

Last edited:
Tried calling Alex over the last 2 days and no answer and mailbox is full.

Already paid a deposit and my car is coming next saturday so wanted to confirm that out appointment for monday following is still good.

Anyone have an alternate phone number, someone who will answer the phone?

Tried calling Alex over the last 2 days and no answer and mailbox is full.

Already paid a deposit and my car is coming next saturday so wanted to confirm that out appointment for monday following is still good.

Anyone have an alternate phone number, someone who will answer the phone?

Voice mailbox is full ... how lazy must somebody be to not clear it out? Esp a business :rolleyes:

Talked to Alex, they are super busy over there and so hard to get a hold of.

He said to text him if you need his attention, hes just focusing on getting the current backlog taken care of.

We are at like 15 people now for the GB prices. Hes pretty confident that in 2 weeks we will be at 20.

Im excited! My blue baby goes in Tuesday the 2nd.

So, a quick update. As I posted before, I brought the car in on Tuesday morning for a tint appointment, but was turned away. Alex returned my call later that day and said that his tint guy is out and he'll call back to reschedule. I didn't hear from him. Today, Friday, I texted him again and he just returned my text saying that his tint guy is still out and he doesn't know if he will come back to work. But he will have someone else come in after next Tuesday.

I also asked and he confirmed that no one's car is getting tint work. They are just working on wraps until the tint guy starts next week.

If this doesn't happen by next week, I'll just go with another shop.

I just picked up my car this morning. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out!

I can’t wait to get it in front of a real camera with good lighting.

Attachments

• 17668840-0E69-4911-A06C-41E4FB760427.jpeg
    17668840-0E69-4911-A06C-41E4FB760427.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 158
  • CB341318-0115-4FCC-98CD-B1EDADCCE173.jpeg
    CB341318-0115-4FCC-98CD-B1EDADCCE173.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 04791611-3F64-4B0A-8731-7DF54EF9D377.jpeg
    04791611-3F64-4B0A-8731-7DF54EF9D377.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 113
Awesome! I see the back emblem was removed, but not the front? Any reason why? Going to drop off my car next week. I was thinking 35% all around, but 50% looks pretty dark already.

I had them leave the front emblem on and just chrome delete it.

For the back I have the abstract ocean T E S L A logo that I’m going to put on instead of the huge ‘T’ logo. I just need to wait 3 weeks for the PPF and ceramic coat to fully cure.

As far as the tint. It is NOT dark. It’s lighter than I had thought it would be. I don’t like dark tint, so I’m happy with it.

Reactions: dailo