Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to do 35% all around. Then I felt it maybe too dark for the front windows, especially the car is black. So I went with 50% front side windows and 35% everywhere else. Alex told me if I change my mind in two weeks when I do the final coating touch up, he will change the front to 35% for free as a make up for his delay.

I think the cloudy weather makes the pic looks darker. In the sun, it does not look that dark.

I feel 35% is a good balance. When I first saw 35% on another car at Alex's shop under good sun light, I thought it's too light for my taste and wanted to go 20%. Then I saw another car with 20% and realized that's really too dark.

Ok, just picked up my car. Everything was as promised. The tint work is fantastic. The PPF has some spots with bubbles, particularly near the edges. But Alex indicated it would take some time to fully cure. If, after 14 days, there are any issues, I can take it back and Alex will take care of it. I am 100% confident Alex will take care of any issues.

The only warning I have is that the shop is very busy. Alex mentioned they are booked solid through September.

All in all, I am very happy. The work was excellent, the price was a great value and Alex is a straight-up guy.

Thanks for posting your picture, bFlat. I dropped off my P3D with Alex this week and am anxious to see how it turns out. I got the works: full matte PPF, chrome delete, tint, and ceramic. Need to figure out what to do with my wheels next!

@zfsnoob,
I just picked up our car and saw them working on yours. The matte wrap looks SWEET! You're gonna love it!

@zfsnoob,
I just picked up our car and saw them working on yours. The matte wrap looks SWEET! You're gonna love it!

I stopped by today as well. I asked a ton of questions and was allowed to take a close look at Alex and team’s work.

I saw the MSM (@zfsnoob ’s?) and took a few photos. (I promise that I stayed a respectful distance from it!)
7DB417C4-8BD3-47F9-BD9B-8EE547D627A1.jpeg D801D427-25A2-4106-B3D0-7F6B18F7178F.jpeg

I like that they took the time to remove the trim pieces in order to get good coverage.

Ended up making an appointment for a car I don’t even have yet haha.

I stopped by today as well. I asked a ton of questions and was allowed to take a close look at Alex and team’s work.

I saw the MSM (@zfsnoob ’s?) and took a few photos. (I promise that I stayed a respectful distance from it!)
View attachment 328339 View attachment 328340

I like that they took the time to remove the trim pieces in order to get good coverage.

Ended up making an appointment for a car I don’t even have yet haha.

And that red one in front of the matter MSM is mine.

Good call to book a time even though you don't have your car yet.

After doing a thorough check this evening, there are quite a few small air bubbles in the PPF. I am hopeful these will disappear during the cure period. Otherwise, I am confident Alex will take care of it.

I feel 35% is a good balance. When I first saw 35% on another car at Alex's shop under good sun light, I thought it's too light for my taste and wanted to go 20%. Then I saw another car with 20% and realized that's really too dark.

Thanks for the input! I dropped off my my model 3 this morning and went with 50% front and 20% back but after seeing yours I called to get it changed to 50% and 35%.

This is how it looks like under good sunlight. The blue M3 next to mind has no tint.

View attachment 328564 View attachment 328565
I will drop mine(red one) for ppf front and tint tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tint info, after look at your pic, I decided to go with 50%+35% as well. I am interesting to know more about break caliper paint. Did they put Tesla logo on the caliper ? How is the paint quality compare to stock p one ? Do you mind share how much you paid for paint ? Thanks

I dropped my red one half hour ago at San Jose location and met Alex there. There are currently two model 3 in the shop, one Black is tinting and another blue one is waiting for service I believe.

Alex told me schedule is running late. I suppose to pick up at Monday morning but I was told most likely it will not be ready until Tuesday 4pm

Last edited:
I will drop mine(red one) for ppf front and tint tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tint info, after look at your pic, I decided to go with 50%+35% as well. I am interesting to know more about break caliper paint. Did they put Tesla logo on the caliper ? How is the paint quality compare to stock p one ? Do you mind share how much you paid for paint ? Thanks

Alex charged $300 for painting all four calipers. This is the first time I am doing this and I didn't know I need to provide the decals. I have bought the decals from ebay. Alex will put them on when I bring my car in for the final touch up in two weeks.

I have not seen the red calipers on P so can't give you any comparison. But for $300 paint job, I am happy with what I got.

I dropped my red one half hour ago at San Jose location and met Alex there. There are currently two model 3 in the shop, one Black is tinting and another blue one is waiting for service I believe.

Alex told me schedule is running late. I suppose to pick up at Monday morning but I was told most likely it will not be ready until Tuesday 4pm
The black one was mine. I just picked it up earlier today. There are some bubbles but we'll see how it looks like in a couple of days after it settles. I'm pretty happy with 50%/35%. They weren't very careful cutting though...

20180825_122726.jpg
20180825_122439.jpg
20180825_122412.jpg
20180825_122449.jpg
20180825_122542.jpg

The black one was mine. I just picked it up earlier today. There are some bubbles but we'll see how it looks like in a couple of days after it settles. I'm pretty happy with 50%/35%. They weren't very careful cutting though...

View attachment 328987
View attachment 328988
View attachment 328989
View attachment 328990
View attachment 328991

I hope you brought it up to Alex and he can at least try to fix it.

I booked an appointment and probably will need to remind him to be extra careful about cutting.