Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the rear tinted all the way? Doesn't seem that dark from the inside pic.

Back window was tinted in one piece 35%. Doesn't look dark at all from the inside.

Is this rubber seal or plastic trim get cut off ? It is not cool to damage the car :-(

The rubber seal got cut. Checked it again this morning and found the back window's rubber seal got cut too.
20180826_110610.jpg

Back window was tinted in one piece 35%. Doesn't look dark at all from the inside.

The rubber seal got cut. Checked it again this morning and found the back window's rubber seal got cut too.
View attachment 329199

When I saw your posts, I went to check out all the seals and trim around the windows. And luckily, there's no damage as far as I can tell. Have you talked to Alex yet about this? I hope he will cover the replacement cost.

Did you go to the San Jose or Los Gatos location?

I saw this black model 3 at San Jose location. Most likely the same guy will tint mine as well since they already have my car at San Jose shop. Maybe I should call Alex first thing on Monday morning and cancel my tint if it is not been done yet, Hopefully the ppf guy is not the same as tint guy......

When I saw your posts, I went to check out all the seals and trim around the windows. And luckily, there's no damage as far as I can tell. Have you talked to Alex yet about this? I hope he will cover the replacement cost.

Did you go to the San Jose or Los Gatos location?

I went to the San Jose location. I'll definitely message Alex and see what they'll do.

I saw this black model 3 at San Jose location. Most likely the same guy will tint mine as well since they already have my car at San Jose shop. Maybe I should call Alex first thing on Monday morning and cancel my tint if it is not been done yet, Hopefully the ppf guy is not the same as tint guy......

Yeah it's the same guy that does all the tinting at the San Jose location. Not sure if he does ppf as well. If I had to do it over again I'd probably go to their Los Gatos location.

Hey guys, I was trying to read up on all of your comments within this thread. I plan on getting a silver metallic model 3, and was just wondering if I'm on a bit of a budget, but would like to keep my model 3 looking new for as long as possible and stop rock chipping, what kind of things should I have done to it? Definitely never done anything to a car before

I had Alex tint my car about 6 weeks ago. The look through the tinted rear window is still a bit hazy at night. It isn’t clear. Anyone else experience this? I went with 35 on the rear.

Did you check the quality of tint work? (Bubbles, water in between, etc) I had the similar “hazy” effect when I first tinted my previous car with 3M color stable, and got used to it in no time. (Or it went away)

The black one was mine. I just picked it up earlier today. There are some bubbles but we'll see how it looks like in a couple of days after it settles. I'm pretty happy with 50%/35%. They weren't very careful cutting though...

View attachment 328987
View attachment 328988
View attachment 328989
View attachment 328990
View attachment 328991
Was going to call Alex but not after seeing the pictures of cutting from @aaahughjass
Would be great to hear if Alex fixed it somehow.

Alex charged $300 for painting all four calipers. This is the first time I am doing this and I didn't know I need to provide the decals. I have bought the decals from ebay. Alex will put them on when I bring my car in for the final touch up in two weeks.

I have not seen the red calipers on P so can't give you any comparison. But for $300 paint job, I am happy with what I got.

Do they paint on the car or take the calipers off and bleed the brakes? Are you happy with the result? Would you mind posting some pics.

Do they paint on the car or take the calipers off and bleed the brakes? Are you happy with the result? Would you mind posting some pics.

I don't think he removed the calipers when he painted them. On one of the calipers, I can see a small spot where the paint is thinner than other areas. To be fair, that spot is on the inside of the calipers and it's hard to see. It took me a while to show that to Alex. But from the outside, it can't really see it. Again, with the price I am spending on this, I have no complain.

IMG_6085.JPG
IMG_6086.JPG
IMG_6087.JPG