Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of the places I called won't do the rear in one piece and if they do, they charge more for it so I think the price is fair. I don't know much about Xpel tint, I've used Llumar in the past, but based on the spec sheet it seems to have similar properties to the other big brands. I know folks have taken their car to Mr Tint and have been happy with it, they use 3M film and can do single piece.

PRIME XR PLUS - XPEL

Thanks for setting this up! I am interested also.

I had our first Model 3 done with Llumar ceramic tint for $550 for all sides and rear and $1,500 for the full front PPF but that included the the top of the rear bumper and door edges. And I had to take it into two different shops and incur travel time, downtime. So these a la carte prices are ok, not great. But the packages are priced well and I like the idea of dropping it off and having everything done at the same shop. I hope the group buy is still available when I take delivery of my AWD.

Another thought/question. The quality of the install depends more on the experience of the actual installer rather than the shop or products being used. I saw one or two bad yelp reviews which questioned whether Alex did the work or some new, inexperienced employee. Blade marks on paint is not good!

So the question is, is Alex personally going to do the work for this group buy? Can we request that, or at least get some information about who is actually going to do the work?

How was the pricing on the MX? Was it the same as the group buy prices? Let us know how it turns out! Also, if you can fill out the form so we can keep track of the number of people in the group buy that will be helpful.

Done! Yes price was the same, although I added other service that was not included in the package offers. Also note, their current address is Los Gatos and they are updating their website now. Burlingame is no longer an option either.

So weird when people post their "findings" without getting the complete picture. Either that, or they have an axe to grind (maybe a competitor or a friend of one)

I take offense to this. I am in no way affiliated with any tint shop, nor do I "have an axe to grind". I was trying to help the community by providing info as I saw it - I made no claims of being an expert in any of this stuff. Obviously it's up to each individual reader to make their own independent judgement. My apologies that you found no value in my post. Hopefully others did.

For future reference, before publicly attacking my credibility maybe you can try sending me a PM and "get the complete picture" first.

Reactions: SJC3
Taking delivery on Aug 10th and driving it straight to Alex in Los Gatos. Full front ppl and center console wrap. I’ll post pictures and feedback.

Awesome! Please fill out the form to keep track of the count (if you haven't already). Not sure how Alex is keeping track of the count, but just want to make sure we keep him honest :) Looks like we are at 7 so far.

Are you going to tint or doing it somewhere else?