Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He made 0 fuss about redoing both hood and bumper. Hood because he forgot to remove emblem and the cuts around the emblem sucked.
Front bumper was overcooked a bit and the PPF was wrinkled.
He offered that it would need to stay for 48 hours because otherwise 3 layers of ceramic wouldn't dry properly. He could have cheaped out and not recoated the bumper with ceramic but I take this to be a sign hes trying to make things right. I texted him to let him know someone at his shop put 4 miles on my odometer, hope that will put this to bed. I'll get my car back tomorrow afternoon.

Dropped my car off at Los Gatos yesterday to have the back glass tint redone, and today my P3D has 4 more miles on it. Someone at the Los Gatos shop there clearly took it for a joyride yesterday.

I'm a little miffed that they are joy riding my car, The work better be damn good this time.

From what I am told, the Prime film should last 10 years without yellowing, longer if you keep it coated with something to reduce the UV damage. I'll let you know in 10 years lol. Right now, its basically invisible, and nobody can even tell there is anything different between the front half where the PPF is, and the back half
Dropped my car off at Los Gatos yesterday to have the back glass tint redone, and today my P3D has 4 more miles on it. Someone at the Los Gatos shop there clearly took it for a joyride yesterday.
Did you happen to have the builtin dash cam set up? That might help prove your intuition

Went to pick the car up today and the front bumper is redone and looks better. He removed the emblem, redid the ppf on the hood, but unfortunately I can now see the emblem was cut around the ppf right on the paint. The hood now has a faint perfect T etched into the paint with a razor blade. I am just giving up on them fixing this, as it just gets worse and worse.
Who makes a real Carbon fiber hood emblem?

• Informative
Reactions: dvssolid
Picked up my car from Los Gatos yesterday around 4pm yesterday. I had the do a full Xpel body wrap with ceramic tint on all windows except the roof along with ceramic pro. Mixed feeling about the service. They forgot to take out the emblems and attempted to cut around them, which they did not do a great job at all. There was white wax residue trapped under the rear trunk and bumper wrap. The edges were not wrapped correctly at all. The A pillars are now warped probably from the moisture from the front windshield tint install? I also texted Alex before the wrap if the paint was able to be corrected. He said there was no issues. However, it ends up that the front bumper did have multiple paint issues which he wrapped it anyways, and those bubbles will never go away. Some of the wrapped edges looked like they used a dull knife vs a razor. Ceramic pro was applied to the wheels, but seem like its only on the outside rim. Inside the wheels and red calipers look untouched and dirty.

Honestly I have to say that I really don't want to give these guys my car again. I would recommend a giant BUYER BEWARE sign on this group buy. Read the yelp reviews and believe that if you do ever get your car complete and without issue, it will certainly take many trips.

You get what you pay for. These guys are 25% less because they don't have the greatest quality. If you are getting PPF you are certainly into great quality, so its just a thing you cant cheap on and have perfect.

When I stood 5 feet away I could easily see this razor blade etching T around the emblem on my clean car and Alex immediately says, "oh, I didn't see that..." then again "I didn't see that" That is literally the reason for the rework of the hood, as he didn't remove the emblem the first time!

The bumper at least looks better, just a couple tiny wrinkles where it was overcooked.

Total damage:
Rear glass due to destroyed defroster $770 Alex reimbursed
Rear tail light inner (can't prove it was him but was un-cracked when I dropped it off) my cost
3-4 joyride miles
Permanent T emblem etched into the hood with Razor during PPF install (he offered to "sand it out" I'm doubtful I'm giving him my car again)

20181104_133359.jpg

You can clearly see the razor marks in the paint. Anyone else think these can be "Sanded out?"

He also added a paint ding when removing the emblem, see just to the left of the emblem at the bottom. Not to mention where he removed the paint entirely, probably got going too fast and pulled it off before it was really ready and fully cut off.

• Informative
Reactions: SJC3 and dvssolid
Been reading that a few of you have had issues with your rear defroster after you have had the rear windshield tinted. Are the lines being inadvertently cut? How does that happen? Are they cutting around the lines or something? Just curious. Im getting mine tinted somewhere else, but just want to understand whats going on.

Yes I would like to know where you got both your PPF and side tints done.
I think there are several shops in the San Carlos and Santa Clara areas :)

FYI I'm new here and haven't even figured out how to send a PM here yet.
If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it. (yes I did try to start an conversation)

Thanks in advance!

Yes I would like to know where you got both your PPF and side tints done.
I think there are several shops in the San Carlos and Santa Clara areas :)

FYI I'm new here and haven't even figured out how to send a PM here yet.
If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it. (yes I did try to start an conversation)

Thanks in advance!
Then you did it right. PM = Conversation
Welcome to TMC!