Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow after reading all this I want to give you my recommendations for PPF.
I went to Jeremy months ago. Invisiguard Clear Bra in the Bay Area.
He just moved to San Jose. 20 minutes from his old location.

Some jerk scraped my PPF, had to replace the bumper PPF.
He gave me a discount on replacing it.
Suntech PPF did it's job and saved it's paint...

Link at:

Invisiguard Clear Bra - North San Jose - San Jose, CA

It's a 1 man business, so he does all the installs himself. His install on my 3 is cleaner than the original he did on my car months ago. So he's gotten better with the 3's bumper!

Just wanted to share I just got my car back from Alex and Wheel Xperts and I know some had issues but so far I’m happy. Alex and the installer were pros and their work is quality. Xpel ceramic 35% all around, one piece full rear. Will post an update after the sun comes back out. They had plenty of very nice cars that people have trusted them with, including a sweet matte wrapped gray 3.

8E30019E-970E-42E7-9B43-788864917D59.jpeg

A023D3DE-B59B-4BC8-BD9A-844B87D363AE.jpeg

Reactions: YisSerL
I had used them back nearly 2 years ago.

The PPF job was fine, but not perfect as there were some spots I think could do better work. The tint jobs were EXCELLENT. The ceramic coating behaved the worst. My car is super dirty and they have been very hard to get a hold of due to how busy they are.

Hi all, I'm new to the tesla family but late to this group purchase looks like. I have got a quote from alex as followed:
Full PPF with xpel stealth + full xpel xr plus for all glasses including the windshield and roof + ceramic pro gold + powder coated wheels
All for 6.2k, is this a reasonable deal? I did got a quote from OCDetailing for similar job but it was north of 10k

And, after spending entire night reading this particular thread from begin to finish, I have some doubt with Alex. Can anyone here who has been to the San Jose location recently tell me your experience with Alex?

My car was rear ended and I went back to Alex to have my rear bumper re-wrapped. Looks like things are still pretty busy at his shop, saw a lot of Tesla’s and he has expanded to a garage across the street as well. Guess this group buy was good to him as he asked me to post the updated prices. Prices are higher than the previous one, but still reasonable I think. He claims he has worked on over 300 Tesla's now, so I imagine the quality has gone up by now but hard to judge since I only had my rear bumper replaced. I've been happy with everything so far after a year and while the work is not perfect as others have mentioned, there isn't anything I can notice unless I am right up next to the car and am certainly not willing to pay double the price.

Tesla Group Buy

I wasn't willing to pay the higher price but got what I paid for.

If only he listened to his customers better and didn't try to pass off poor work. I have a permanent T in my hood from where he took a blade and cut the T logo out right on my paint. I had asked him to remove the emblem, he didn't remove it and cut around it. When I complained about that and the quality of the bumper work he redid both, which is good.
Whats not so great is when he removed the logo he damaged the paint, looks like he removed a chip of it. Also now that the logo is gone its clear as day that he cut right on my paint. The T outline is a permanent "Feature"

• Informative
Reactions: dvssolid
I live in Orange County and researched also.....Ben Sullins has a great review video on Elite Finish in San Diego......His black 3 looked like *sugar* (dirty) when he took it in and 3 days later, was unbelievably beautiful....Wes, the owner, spends a lot to time discussing many different applications and suggests what he believes is the best application for your needs.....I have 3M crystalline in my car.....70% on windshield, 50% on driver/passengers/back windows/ and the moon roof......40% on the back glass......No distortion at all! I also did my Toyota Tacoma the same way....perfect.

As for the PPF and ceramic coating.....I went to Elite Finish, and ended up with XPel Ultimate Plus on the entire front: whole bumper, all over mirrors, side fenders and lights......for the rest of the car, they used CQuartz Professional.....the results are great.....We're planning on keeping the car for at least 6-8 years....just like our Lexus’s.....so we wanted to protect this one because it sit lower to the ground.....

In my opinion, you can
t go wrong with 3M crystalline window tint......3M make scotchgard Pro 4.0 PPF, but I like the fact that Elite does both and recommends XPel over 3M....

Give them a look if you live down here before you make decision.....great 10 year warranty on PPF
also.......they give you a maintenance wash kit with 6 towels and Waterless Mist Wash....great product

I'm bringing this thread back from hibernation. I was one of the member who signed up for the group by right after @dailo organized it in 2018, and had Alex did Xpel full front PPF, prime XR plus window tint, chrome delete, and ceramic coating on my 2018 Model 3 AWD. Like most of the member stated, his job was ok but far from perfect. He had to re-tint my rear window three times and redid a few pieces of chrome delete. Same happened to my friend as well, which he redid the PPF and rear window tint on his car.

The reason for this post is that I started to notice yellowing on my full front clear PPF, my car is white and it has became more noticeable other time. I did some research and yellowing should NOT happen on Xpel Ultimate Plus as the adhesive issue should be resolved long before. My model 3 has only 5k miles and always parked in garage. The only solution being used to wash the car is the rinseless Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All.

Has anyone here used Alex (Wheel Xpert) noticed any yellowing on the clear PPF? (particularly on the white color) I'll try to take some photos later and will likely contact Alex to look at it soon. Just want to check with this group if similar issue being observed.

I'm bringing this thread back from hibernation. I was one of the member who signed up for the group by right after @dailo organized it in 2018, and had Alex did Xpel full front PPF, prime XR plus window tint, chrome delete, and ceramic coating on my 2018 Model 3 AWD. Like most of the member stated, his job was ok but far from perfect. He had to re-tint my rear window three times and redid a few pieces of chrome delete. Same happened to my friend as well, which he redid the PPF and rear window tint on his car.

The reason for this post is that I started to notice yellowing on my full front clear PPF, my car is white and it has became more noticeable other time. I did some research and yellowing should NOT happen on Xpel Ultimate Plus as the adhesive issue should be resolved long before. My model 3 has only 5k miles and always parked in garage. The only solution being used to wash the car is the rinseless Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All.

Has anyone here used Alex (Wheel Xpert) noticed any yellowing on the clear PPF? (particularly on the white color) I'll try to take some photos later and will likely contact Alex to look at it soon. Just want to check with this group if similar issue being observed.
Did you ever get this resolved? I haven’t noticed anything but have a darker color.