Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NorCal Powerwall owners. What is your reserve percentage right now? (Late October 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does display Storm Watch on home page.
Where? It is not shown in the image that was linked

Attachments

• IMG_8012.jpg
    IMG_8012.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: skepticcyclist
Widespread flood watch across central and northern California. Most places are forecast to get 6-10 inches of rain. Its gonna be ugly.
I know. The first atmospheric river of the season and very early in the season too. Hope nothing major, especially in the burn areas.

In the past Storm Watch was never triggered until advisories or watches turned to actual warnings. Maybe the learned something from the Texas situation last year and changed their criteria to include watches and advisories?

Interesting, no storm watch for me today. I've turned on time based controls (been running in self powered) to get the batteries to charge. Also raised reserved artificially high. This is my first winter with a 3rd Powerwall, my plan is raise my reserves so that on a normal sunny day the batteries will be close to full.

Had an interesting event last night with an actual power outage the system didn't work as hoped for but that's going to be its own post. Still trying to gather the details.

Interesting, no storm watch for me today. I've turned on time based controls (been running in self powered) to get the batteries to charge. Also raised reserved artificially high. This is my first winter with a 3rd Powerwall, my plan is raise my reserves so that on a normal sunny day the batteries will be close to full.

Had an interesting event last night with an actual power outage the system didn't work as hoped for but that's going to be its own post. Still trying to gather the details.
No storm watch for me either. Good thing it was sunny enough today to fill my PWs. Currently sending excess to the grid.

Interesting that you all in central and NorCal had sun all day while we here in SoCal had overcast and light rain all day.

The storm that’s hitting you tomorrow is supposed to make its way down here on Monday. No where near the rain you’re getting, but still expecting an inch at my place. Good amount for an October storm.

Interesting that you all in central and NorCal had sun all day while we here in SoCal had overcast and light rain all day.

The storm that’s hitting you tomorrow is supposed to make its way down here on Monday. No where near the rain you’re getting, but still expecting an inch at my place. Good amount for an October storm.
We had light rain and in and out clouds yesterday. Dropped about a 1/2 of inch of rain.

Supposedly this next storm is the one that is finally taping in the Pineapple Express. It is projected to deliver 3-4 inches of rain.

Did it at least kick in after a while?
Yes, after about 16 minutes.