Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal Delivery Timeframe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MYLR on October 13, 2021, with an estimated delivery date of April 2022. White, Black interior, 19" gemini, 5 seats and tow package. Since then, there have been price increases in new orders. My estimated delivery dates have changed 9 times! Most recently I received my letter from Tesla asking if my payments terms had changed and that delivery was within the next 60 days. Once I got within 25 days of their delivery date, they extended it another 5+ weeks!! (now April 2022 which was there initial delivery timeframe)
Are others experiencing these delays? Not sure why Tesla excites buyers with early delivery dates, then potentially delivers based on original dates!! They could reduce buyer anxiety by sticking to original delivery date and only updating once a VIN is issued??

I ordered my MYLR on October 13, 2021, with an estimated delivery date of April 2022. White, Black interior, 19" gemini, 5 seats and tow package. Since then, there have been price increases in new orders. My estimated delivery dates have changed 9 times! Most recently I received my letter from Tesla asking if my payments terms had changed and that delivery was within the next 60 days. Once I got within 25 days of their delivery date, they extended it another 5+ weeks!! (now April 2022 which was there initial delivery timeframe)
Are others experiencing these delays? Not sure why Tesla excites buyers with early delivery dates, then potentially delivers based on original dates!! They could reduce buyer anxiety by sticking to original delivery date and only updating once a VIN is issued??
Check out this thread to see others that ordered same month as you and see their EDDs. October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

Check out this thread to see others that ordered same month as you and see their EDDs. October 2021 Order Delivery Dates
I ordered same configuration on Aug 25. My original EDD was Dec. Then April, Sept, Jun, Sept. Tesla is playing us, teasing us like a bunch of fish. I recently removed my trade-in so to remove the continued manual intervention (by a bunch of mgr HACKS) and of course I am shopping other brands as I lose interest.

We've been delayed so many times.
Order Model Y 7 seat White/White AWD LR on Aug 28, 2021 (ETA Dec 2021 - Jan 2022)
Delay - March - April 2022
Delay - June 2022
Delay - June - July 2022
Delay - July - August 2022
Latest August - October 2022

Certainly waiting for a Model Y with 4680 cells, and ideally an EV tax credit (which Congress and the administration appear to have punted on)

We've been delayed so many times.
Order Model Y 7 seat White/White AWD LR on Aug 28, 2021 (ETA Dec 2021 - Jan 2022)
Delay - March - April 2022
Delay - June 2022
Delay - June - July 2022
Delay - July - August 2022
Latest August - October 2022

Certainly waiting for a Model Y with 4680 cells, and ideally an EV tax credit (which Congress and the administration appear to have punted on)
I ordered in 9/21 Model Y 5 seater and our dates for EDD are almost identical. Very frustrating at this point.