Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal dirt and dust for new car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just picked up our MS yesterday and have put on 100 miles on it so far. I noticed one side of the rear wheel area getting a lot dirtier than the other side and was wondering if this was normal for a new car. Perhaps new tires and such just breaking in but it seems uneven on both sides.

IMG_6608.JPG
IMG_6609.JPG

That is caused by the excess 'Tire Glaze liquid' being slung off the sidewalls of the tire.

You may want to wash it off carefully and avoid full bore acceleration runs for a while as it made my car a bit 'squirrely squirelly' going down the road to homebase, the traction control probably had its hands full.
Now where is my Quaife LSD.

Reactions: BinaryField
I was cleaning my car this afternoon and had to contend with the same issue. I had never seen anything close this in any car around my home before, but I luckily stumbled upon this thread. The tire glaze identified by @ccdisce was splattered around all four wheel wells, all over the rims, all over the lower sides + rear bumper + lower hatchback. It was a huge mess and a pain to carefully clean up. Wish they wouldn't use the glaze at all - don't care for it, especially after this experience.