TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Normal, IL Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Jess, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Jess

Jess Member

I took my first trip to Normal, IL to meet a friend for lunch. I've never used a Supercharger before so I had some range anxiety. When I got there & plugged in, nothing happened. My light didn't pulse green & my screen said, "not charging." :scared: I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat & I got really worried. When I was looking up the number for Tesla (within another 3 mins or so) the car suddenly started charging. WHEW!! Man is it fast! Overall, I was so excited it worked & the whole trip cost me about $2 just for parking in the garage. Cannot beat that!

2. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Supercharging changes everything. OK, maybe not everything but it does give you a very different perspective.

3. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

If you go to the info desk in the lobby, they'll validate your parking, making the trip totally free.

4. Jess

Jess Member

Well I was wrong. Free definitely beats $2! I will remember that next time. Thanks Alfafoxtrot1.

5. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

the first time I used it, it didn't start charging instantly, and I got a bad feeling . . . but it was fine. Mine didn't take 3 minutes to start ramping up the amps/volts and charging, but it did take longer than I expected (I expected like 5 seconds).

:-D

6. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Just to clarify, info desk for the parking structure? I have never been to the SC in Normal.

7. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

The garage is attached to city hall on one side, and an amtrack station on the other. There's a combo garage info and ticket desk on the station side. It will make sense when you're there.

8. AMN

AMN Member

Somebody screwed up big time! :)

9. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Do they do this just for MS owners?

10. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

That's my understanding, gleaned from another thread. All I can truly verify is that they validated for me.