Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal? - Need to hard reset my car to access Spotify weekly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About once a week, my Spotify will no longer load any content it just spins or will only play the same song over and over even though the library says it's playing something else.

The only way to get it working again is to reset the whole thing (hold down steering wheels buttons) Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this issue. I brought it up with service and he yelled at me saying its a computer and he can't fix it.

Any insight or advice is appreciated.

Usually, changing sources will work for me, so I dont know if a full reset (two thumbwheel reset) is needed. I dont know if its "normal" but it has happened occasionally to me as well. i just dont notice it as much because I drive MUCH less than I used to.

Had to hard reset the whole thing again - Spotify and Streaming wouldn't load anything. Also, now my USB drive for sentry/dashcam doesn't show up.

Again, I ask the same question is this just standard for how this thing operates and everyone is OK with it?!

are you using the same spotify account on your other devices, i have a family plan so created another one just for the tesla, it has been far better in terms of reliability.then when i had the same spotify account as my phone, pc, sonos

Had to hard reset the whole thing again - Spotify and Streaming wouldn't load anything. Also, now my USB drive for sentry/dashcam doesn't show up.

Again, I ask the same question is this just standard for how this thing operates and everyone is OK with it?!

So you’re not “hard resetting” by using the steering wheel buttons, that’s actually a “soft” reboot. Words matter in this case if you’re trying to find a solution as a hard reset would be more akin to removing the back seat and unplugging the main battery.

As to the Spotify issue, yes it’s a known problem and I too have issues. Usually I can get it to work by toggling the media source. So if Spotify is trying to load I first look at the cell signal bars for signal strength, that’s a big culprit for me with crappy signal. Then I’ll press FM or Slacker then back to Spotify a couple times. Eventually it loads or I just Bluetooth it from my phone.

It sucks, especially if you’re paying $10/mo for connectivity! This is a software issue which they’ll hopefully fix with V11 whenever it releases.

I haven't had any issues, and use the same account on my phone and car. However, I don't use both at the same time. Maybe that's the issue? My wife streams it from her phone, so I'm the only one who uses the car's Spotify. As of right now, I don't think we'll renew the 'premium connectivity'. It doesn't even have CNN, MSNBC, etc., so we have no use for it. Didn't use Netflix nor YT when we did our first long trip, which is what I thought we'd do, but car was basically ready when we were, so great news.

So you’re not “hard resetting” by using the steering wheel buttons, that’s actually a “soft” reboot. Words matter in this case if you’re trying to find a solution as a hard reset would be more akin to removing the back seat and unplugging the main battery.

As to the Spotify issue, yes it’s a known problem and I too have issues. Usually I can get it to work by toggling the media source. So if Spotify is trying to load I first look at the cell signal bars for signal strength, that’s a big culprit for me with crappy signal. Then I’ll press FM or Slacker then back to Spotify a couple times. Eventually it loads or I just Bluetooth it from my phone.

It sucks, especially if you’re paying $10/mo for connectivity! This is a software issue which they’ll hopefully fix with V11 whenever it releases.

Thanks for the insight and help with terminology, I'm definitely not trying to make it sound worse, I'd just like it to work. 'Soft reset' makes more sense.

Reactions: Matsayz
so after this conversation resurfaced several days ago, i fired up spotify for the last few days and i had no issues with spotify and the playlists. i did not need to reset the screen or anything.

so , riddle me this batman..

when i open the door to get into the car, the last song i played in my spotify playlist would begin playin! :eek: the last time i used spotify, which was many many software updates ago (several months ago) i dont recall this happening. its not blaring, its at that ow volume when you are playing music and open the door ( which i think is a cool feature).

and yes when i get out of the car, i stop playback by pressing the button on the steering wheel.

so in short i dont have to reset or do anything when using spotify. i just get in and it picks up where i last left it.

one thing to note is i did not use spotify anywhere else during this time i was using it in the car.

so after this conversation resurfaced several days ago, i fired up spotify for the last few days and i had no issues with spotify and the playlists. i did not need to reset the screen or anything.

so , riddle me this batman..

when i open the door to get into the car, the last song i played in my spotify playlist would begin playin! :eek: the last time i used spotify, which was many many software updates ago (several months ago) i dont recall this happening. its not blaring, its at that ow volume when you are playing music and open the door ( which i think is a cool feature).

and yes when i get out of the car, i stop playback by pressing the button on the steering wheel.

so in short i dont have to reset or do anything when using spotify. i just get in and it picks up where i last left it.

one thing to note is i did not use spotify anywhere else during this time i was using it in the car.

This is a mix-up between Spotify and its Devices that it’s connected to. I have all sorts of issues with Spotify because I use Sonos in the house.

I saw this get some new attention. I've had to reset my screen 3-4 times since I last posted.

Either Spotify wont load any media, or no matter which song I choose, it will display the new song album, blip and continue playing whatever song it's currently on, choose another, new artwork, pause, same song continues.

Why would replacing the screen help?

Are you sure you don't have the repeat feature activated? That happened to me once, and that was the issue... but I never turned it on, at least intentionally. While on the weird behavior subject, when I'm listening to CNN, for example, sometimes the damn thing pauses by itself. And there, I"m absolutely sure I didn't press the steering wheel mute button. Sometimes it just pauses after updating, which happens quite often, and it's very annoying. Oh well.

Same problems for my 2018. Radio, bluetooth, streaming all work but Spotify does not load. Actually I can see all my playlists, search, and browse but whenever I choose a title the play button has a spinning wheel until I steering wheel reset. This is is a problem on wifi and cellular. I've bug reported it a few times with no repair. This all started with the new user interface