Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal or Current Wait Time for Title/Registration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my Model S over a month ago, but my registration packet has not yet arrived so I cannot tag and title my car in Wisconsin. Is it normal to take this long? I was told 2 weeks at delivery.

Is there some law requiring Tesla to produce a title in a timely manner?

I live in Florida....bought a 2015 CPO, located in NY.... picked it up 10/18 and drove it back to FL....had a FedEx envelope awaiting me at my door, included was a temp registration and temp plates.... they expire this weekend....still no title. Was told 4-6 weeks...

It took 6 weeks for me. As my temp tag was getting close to expiring I contacted my sales adviser who eventually figured out they forgot to have me sign some paperwork when I picked my car up in NY. I wasn't able to drive my car for a week, but eventually they overnighted me the paperwork to sign as well as a fresh temp tag. Two weeks after that I was overnighted a set of proper Maryland plates. The title came in about a week later straight from the DMV.

• Helpful
Reactions: NoirMS
Update: I am now expired...(Saturday technically).... I called Tesla Service when I got home from work Friday night.... around 9:30pm est I called and waited 36min but finally got a rep...
I explained my temp plates and registration expired at midnight and since it was week 4 of 6 (the time I was told it would take to get the title) I wasn't pushing for the title, just updated plates and registration but while we are at it, how's that title coming along?....
So....The rep tells me that dmv has rejected and returned the paperwork that Tesla submitted... figures... I said it's the first I'm hearing of it so what now?... He said he's emailing dmv now and he should get a response tomorrow by afternoon from the dmv in regards as to why they rejected the paperwork. In the meantime he would work on getting me a new temp plate and registration but said it wouldn't arrive til sometime next week....which I'm fine with....but wtf... who knows how long this saga will last...

I am in NM. Tesla does not handle registration for us here so we have to register and pay sales tax on our own, seperate from the sales.
Kinda wish it was up to me and not Tesla at this point....even doubled checked my MVR to verify they charged me for title/registration/transfer fees, which they did....and no email from Tesla today so the wait game continues...