Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal or not? Window seal.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to read what peoples opinions are.
Unfortunately I had opened driver side door during a sw update. The window didn’t inch down and I pulled it open.
Checked for damages and there doesn’t seem to be any.

But while looking for possible damages, noticed the seal right under the trim (where the top of the window touches when closed) looked cracked or creased.

Took a look around the other parts by the passengers doors and it looks like it’s all around the vehicle.

Compared to the wife’s Y and hers had none.

Messaged my tech bud and he said to just bring it in for inspection and most likely a warrantable fix.

Set an appt to get it fixed, but curious to see what people think

I’m just afraid that the integrity of its function is compromised.

Opinions?

Attachments

• EF714C66-6241-4C16-8CD9-D4122F5C7FDB.jpeg
    EF714C66-6241-4C16-8CD9-D4122F5C7FDB.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 07EB0270-D96E-4D2B-ABC3-E79B4AF63BF9.jpeg
    07EB0270-D96E-4D2B-ABC3-E79B4AF63BF9.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 3BFBD195-8F48-40A9-830E-BD550C14B476.jpeg
    3BFBD195-8F48-40A9-830E-BD550C14B476.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 206
Curious to read what peoples opinions are.
Unfortunately I had opened driver side door during a sw update. The window didn’t inch down and I pulled it open.
Checked for damages and there doesn’t seem to be any.

But while looking for possible damages, noticed the seal right under the trim (where the top of the window touches when closed) looked cracked or creased.

Took a look around the other parts by the passengers doors and it looks like it’s all around the vehicle.

Compared to the wife’s Y and hers had none.

Messaged my tech bud and he said to just bring it in for inspection and most likely a warrantable fix.

Set an appt to get it fixed, but curious to see what people think

I’m just afraid that the integrity of its function is compromised.

Opinions?
any wind intrusion or noise?

Just checked out mine. Initially it looks like OP's picture with line of crack, but upon close inspection with a magnifier, it is line of crease caused by the top of the window glass pushing up the rubber seal upward causing the rubber seal folding . The rubber seal is very soft and I can see that it might not last long. The crease disappears if you leave the door open a few minutes after the rubber seal recovers from the folded state.
I will definitely check monthly and request service before the warranty period expires. 4 years or 50k miles

Reactions: Predation
Just checked out mine. Initially it looks like OP's picture with line of crack, but upon close inspection with a magnifier, it is line of crease caused by the top of the window glass pushing up the rubber seal upward causing the rubber seal folding . The rubber seal is very soft and I can see that it might not last long. The crease disappears if you leave the door open a few minutes after the rubber seal recovers from the folded state.
I will definitely check monthly and request service before the warranty period expires. 4 years or 50k miles
Appreciate the response. Good that yours disappears. I don’t see mine disappearing. 😂